GAS Alert!!!!

Well, hello, Non-Gibson product!

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&i=MP246

MP246A.jpg

MP246C.jpg

NervousSNLGuy.JPG

That's not an L5S. Why would you think that's an L5S? It's clearly not. I mean, what
are you trying to say? Don't you think I know what an L5S is? No, I'm not nervous.
Why? Are you? You should be, since that's not an L5S. GET THAT CAMERA OUTA HERE!

Every time I see an L5, it starts the wheels turning. I don't want one, but cut the waist a bit harder, narrow the shoulders up, and deepen the body and you're getting somewhere.

swarfrat said:
Every time I see an L5, it starts the wheels turning. I don't want one, but cut the waist a bit harder, narrow the shoulders up, and deepen the body and you're getting somewhere.
Uhhhhhmmmm, then it would be a (cough, cough) LP...

You beat me to it. An L5S is a Les Paul with a lasagna addiction. Narrow it up in all aspects, and it's a Les Paul body.

Every time I look at mine I get this Sir Mix-a-Lot thing going in my head...  "I like big butts and I cannot lie! No other brother can deny!..."

Then I remember I'd rather eat pustulent cancerous tumors out of a live pig's lower intestines while having my balls pounded flat with an 8lb sledge than listen to rap, and I force myself to recall an old Led Zeppelin tune as a palate cleanser and move on to the next project. "Dazed and Confused" or "Heartbreaker" usually works.

No - it'd be more like a 335. Baby got back is exactly right. Leave the lower bout, narrow the shoulders, and crank the waist in like a jumbo.

Cagey said:
You beat me to it. An L5S is a Les Paul with a lasagna addiction. Narrow it up in all aspects, and it's a Les Paul body.

Every time I look at mine I get this Sir Mix-a-Lot thing going in my head...  "I like big butts and I cannot lie! No other brother can deny!..."

Then I remember I'd rather eat pustulent cancerous tumors out of a live pig's lower intestines while having my balls pounded flat with an 8lb sledge than listen to rap, and I force myself to recall an old Led Zeppelin tune as a palate cleanser and move on to the next project. "Dazed and Confused" or "Heartbreaker" usually works.
hysterical.gif

For the record, I can't stand rap either. To me it has no musical value at all...

Cagey said:

They always make me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Gwr-VrNFM

(and it'll get that rap outta your head too)

I actually have a video in my head...  I have a soft spot for the Guild JF-30 (and really miss the JF-4 I had in college).  An acoustic version of "Fat Bottom Guilds". Kid sneaking in to play his dad's prized guitar while the baby sitter is watching movies and yakking on the phone with her bff's.    Lots of disapproving pictures of the 1.5" thick "acoustic" piezo monstrosities (I especially loathe double cutaway acoustics) with beautiful finishes and inlay and all other sorts of "high end appointments" but woefully lacking against the tape measure and db meter.

(Come to think of it, Brian May does endorse Guild...)

Scuffcakes said:
Cagey said:

They always make me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Gwr-VrNFM

(and it'll get that rap outta your head too)

Hehe! Yeah, that'll do it. Good choice. One of my favorite AC/DC tunes. Used to do that one with the last band I was in. Singer sucked bathwater trying to pull it off, but the rest of the band liked the hard-driving head-banging simplicity of it all.

Good ol' Queen. The masters of the overdub. And I don't mean that in a bad way - they really knew how to use that trick to make things sound rich.

Spinal Tap.......

And just seen this lovely thing  :eek:

bp1470a.jpg

Plus also sad because i swear this Z body has been in showcase for agesssss...... Poor thing, If i can afford it i might sell my fender p bass and make a .... Something or other bass for the hell of it =] .

bp1468a.jpg

I had the opportunity to work on a Z-bass for a member here, and I gotta tell ya - for as radical as that style looks, that's a very comfy body to play with. Sitting or standing, you're good to go. It sits well and balanced, it's relatively light and it's relieved in the right places. If I wanted another bass, that one would be pretty high on the list. That particular one is awfully pretty, too. Nothing gaudy about it, but not ordinary, either.

Cagey said:
I had the opportunity to work on a Z-bass for a member here, and I gotta tell ya - for as radical as that style looks, that's a very comfy body to play with. Sitting or standing, you're good to go. It sits well and balanced, it's relatively light and it's relieved in the right places. If I wanted another bass, that one would be pretty high on the list. That particular one is awfully pretty, too. Nothing gaudy about it, but not ordinary, either.

Yup, found that out with my 5 string Z =]. Hence why so many of my new ideas are Z bassed..... Oh god that was terrible.

Think I might start saving up alongside getting driving license finally , so hopefully by end of the year if its there still I can snag it for probably an active bass I'm thinking of doing.

Back