Bagman67 said:
Holy crap.

Ps7529A.jpg

Ps7529C.jpg
HOLY CRAP, indeed...
Plus another Holy Crap... :headbang:

Holly jeepers  :eek:  $$$ 

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Path=Neck&i=VMT4518

I'd so get that if it wasn't a tinted gloss. Warmoth's 'vintage' tint is about as realistic as David Dickinson's tan.

But HNNNNG, dat flame. Lovely vintage modern construction, too. So close to perfect, so close..

No guitars in my future, but there's great deal on this one - if you can live with the 7/8 body. (If I ever do get a thinline, it'll be my baritone - so it's no good for me anyway)

Thinline with a finish for under $300 clams - I'm guessing  due to the atypical control route and 7/8 body.
pt3097a.jpg

It's not a 7/8ths body, it has a 7/8" jack.

It's most likely slightly cheaper than usual (though there are two other black gloss Thinline bodies for just $25 more, with masked red dye edging) because a solid finish means they don't have to pick out really nice-looking wood, or they just know that solid finish + rear rout isn't going to sell quickly at full price.

Though it does also make you wonder just why exactly some pieces are so much more expensive/cheaper than others, when in terms of basic spec they seem the same as the average body.

Unfinished thinles in showcase typically are $261. Finish for $40 is a pretty good deal.

Alright Warmoth... You got me. This is seriously badass. The old vintage Gibson-style bursts aren't for everybody, but they're totally for me.

pt3101e.jpg
pt3101b.jpg

flat-tops.jpg

That's pretty, but I'm beginning to think Warmoth hired a new painter. The bursts have gotten noticeably thicker at the edges on everything, and it's not always a Good Thing. But, maybe it's just me. Has anybody else who pays attention to the Showcase noticed this?

Bursts like that have been cropping up for months, I figured either there's an intern in the paint department or there's a new photographer not lighting the wood properly.

Looks fine on carved tops, but on flats it just looks like the botchy "clown bursts" you get on MIC knock-offs. :dontknow:

I always hated it even on vintage gibsons. Even traditional fender bursts are too thick and transitition too sharply for my taste.

I'm with you, Jay. I love the wide, vintage style bursts. I've thought that many of the Showcase bursts are too narrow on the darker, outside colors.

Different folks have different tastes. There's room for us all.

I really love it, but I can't justify paying that much for a fancy pickup holder when I have a project that needs a neck right now anyway.

Back