GAS Alert!!!!

Bagman67 said:
This just came up:
PT2587D.jpg

And now it's mine.  :icon_thumright:

This arrived today... pictures at eleven.

That was quick. Less than a week. Hell, it usually takes more than a week just for shipping on my parts. Guys in Oz get parts faster than I do.

That had to be a pleasant package to open.

Marty Goats said:
Oh yes.

t2808a.jpg

carved top goodness.

OH YES!

t2812a.jpg

Pure sexy. Who knew Goncalo could look like that? Must be a different batch of lumber than most of the necks they've been putting out. Almost looks like cocobolo.

Goncalo is really awesome... But I think teles with stoptail look cheap... If it was string thru body mounting would be awesome!!!

Not only a stop tail, but dual volume/tone controls? What were they thinking of?

Marty Goats said:
OH YES!

t2812a.jpg

Pure sexy. Who knew Goncalo could look like that? Must be a different batch of lumber than most of the necks they've been putting out. Almost looks like cocobolo.
:icon_biggrin:

They just reposted it as cocobolo.

Too funny.

I would take that SG and give it a loving home. I would protect it from all the teasing. I'm nice like that. Just send it my way.

Hey Mayfly!!

Some new floral designs to match your shirts!!!

http://fenderjapan.co.jp/tl69_spl.html

tl69_spl_jbk.jpg

tl69_spl_jrd.jpg

tl69_spl_jbl.jpg

I kinda like the black one.

Fender should think about doing that with victorian wallpaper patterns and market them to the steampunk crowd.

anorakDan said:
I kinda like the black one.

Fender should think about doing that with victorian wallpaper patterns and market them to the steampunk crowd.

There's a guy who's mastered this kind of thing, to some extent, over on TDPRI - he prints paisleys on transparent decal paper the size of the entire guitar body and lays that over whatever color he wants.  He's done a very fun black-paisleys-over-silver-sparkle finish with a blackburst edge that looks mighty nifty.  No reason why you couldn't do it with floral or any other print.

I've got GAS and money to burn at the moment. I'm debating whether to build 2 more strats (already have 2) or to buy a ES-339

I'm afraid of being underwhelmed with the 339. I know the strats would be amazing. Sigh...

jeffreywt said:
I've got GAS and money to burn at the moment. I'm debating whether to build 2 more strats (already have 2) or to buy a ES-339

I'm afraid of being underwhelmed with the 339. I know the strats would be amazing. Sigh...

I'm all in favor of more Warmoth strats, but if you want to go down semi-hollow lane, I say screw the Gibson and go Carvin:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=sh645

sh645-fdv6.jpg

Like the ES-339, the SH-645 like an slightly undersized ES-335.  Check it out.  Build quality is unparalleled.  Cost is half what you'd pay for the Gibby.

I like the Ibanez offerings too. I know it's illogical, but something about that Gibson is tasty. $2k for the 339 is a more down to earth price for the moment, keeping in mind everything G is overpriced.

The draw of a raw neck strat is pretty tough to resist. Reading here has totally won me over but I still don't have one! I really want wenge but I can't decide on a body color.

Sorry to chat up the GAS thread and not post pics!

I agree that the Gibby would be a disappointment at the price. Perhaps even at 1/3 the price, knowing them. If you're willing to spend some serious money on a fiddle and already have some Strats but are considering expanding that collection, you might consider building a carved-top Soloist or VIP. They're very Strat-like, but have an element of class that a Strat will never attain.

Yep, I thought about a hollow VIP as well. I want a pair of F-holes!

But what to do about this Callaham bridge and Sperzel tuners (both nickel of course) sitting on my desk?

I can't get next to F holes, but that's just me. They were an interesting albeit impractical way to get some projection out of old acoustics thousands of years ago when they didn't know any better, but on electrics? They're dust/hair/skin cell/spider/dust mite/pick/beer/spit collectors. They do nothing for the sound or appearance.

As for the parts, if you can't use them, somebody else can. That's why they invented eBay. It pays more than the trash can.

fdesalvo said:
Fascinated by this:

wn1172A.jpg

wn1172E.jpg
I agree. The black inlay on an already dark fretboard looks nice. I've ordered a guitar neck simliar to this (same woods & headstock) but black dots.
D5N649a.jpg

Back