GAS Alert!!!!

I'm hoping it has white side markers lol.  Nothing like counting frets on a dark stage.  Do you perform with yours?

I agree. The black inlay on an already dark fretboard looks nice. I've ordered a guitar neck simliar to this (same woods & headstock) but black dots.
D5N649a.jpg

[/quote]

Nice one, Cagey  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah I like the dark inlay on dark wood too. I'm considering black traps on jet-black ebony on my next (LP) neck.

If you like the black-on-black look and are willing to pay for jet black Ebony, you might consider not putting any face markers on it at all. I recently got a Bloodwood neck with a no-inlay jet black Ebony 'board on it, and it's the nazz. Whatever that is. I mean it's nice.

We have some British friends here. What does that mean, anyway? I first heard it on the Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars album from Mr. Bowie. In context, it sorta sounds positive...

Ziggy played for time, jiving us that we were voodoo
The kids were just crass
He was the nazz, with god-given ass
He took it all too far
But boy, could he play guitar

Cagey: I love your humor even if it takes a minute before I notice it sometimes.
fdesalvo: Yes to the white side markers
NQbass7: You'll never see the black traps on a jet black ebony fretboard. Save yourself 90 bucks and just omit inlays.

I too considered getting black inlays on ebony (wasn't gonna pay for jet black though) - because I wasn't sure if I'd get lost without them. I don't miss em at all, although it could look sharp if you want that hint of traditional but in a non traditional way.

Bagman67 said:
I'm all in favor of more Warmoth strats, but if you want to go down semi-hollow lane, I say screw the Gibson and go Carvin:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=sh645

Like the ES-339, the SH-645 like an slightly undersized ES-335.  Check it out.  Build quality is unparalleled.  Cost is half what you'd pay for the Gibby.

+100. Not only are the tops as high in quality as a W top, you can get custom features and still be under what an off-the-shelf Gibson will cost you. Plus, the overall quality and playability is way higher.

MikeW said:
Bagman67 said:
I'm all in favor of more Warmoth strats, but if you want to go down semi-hollow lane, I say screw the Gibson and go Carvin:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=sh645

Like the ES-339, the SH-645 like an slightly undersized ES-335.  Check it out.  Build quality is unparalleled.  Cost is half what you'd pay for the Gibby.

+100. Not only are the tops as high in quality as a W top, you can get custom features and still be under what an off-the-shelf Gibson will cost you. Plus, the overall quality and playability is way higher.

And the SH445 is the more pedestrian line, without the figured top - just plain maple on alder.  Saves you a few benjamins for an axe of equal quality, albeit less pimpin'.

The 6150s aren't bad, and I'd take them even though I'd prefer 6100s. But, what makes them truly unacceptable to me is their non-stainless steel essence. I'm forever spoiled by SS frets.

AutoBat said:
Cagey: I love your humor even if it takes a minute before I notice it sometimes.
fdesalvo: Yes to the white side markers
NQbass7: You'll never see the black traps on a jet black ebony fretboard. Save yourself 90 bucks and just omit inlays.
This is what made me want to do it:
http://buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33739
IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

It's subtle, but it's there. Not my style of guitar, but the inlays caught my attention.

And yeah, I probably wouldn't pay for jet black. As long as there's no big stripes I'd be fine.

Check these out!  There is one more very similar to it on the showcase.  One is Cocobolo on Mahogany the other is Pau Ferro on Mahogany.  Search for Ivory Bound Tele's.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Capture 2.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 245
I happened across these yesterday while looking at Fender Amps ( I like the old Twins).  Anyway, I think these are interesting.  Kind of look like some of the ones you may see in the Warmoth Gallary.

Attachments

• Capture 3.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Capture 4.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 250
DUDE, I'm about to buy the one with pau ferro top omg

Jcurl02 said:
Check these out!  There is one more very similar to it on the showcase.  One is Cocobolo on Mahogany the other is Pau Ferro on Mahogany.  Search for Ivory Bound Tele's.

Back