BP1155E.jpg
I want to go to there...

. . . just look. 'nuf said.

Attachments

• TN3956B.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 290
  • TN3956A.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 303
I really like what happens to the appearance when the fretboard is scalloped like that, but I already play mungo frets so it would be too much. I wonder what it would feel like to have a scalloped 'board, but with real tiny SS frets on top, like 6230s? Maybe even grind them down 10 or 15 thou. That way, you wouldn't get the excessively fast wear small frets usually bring, but you'd still get the good grip mungo frets allow and you'd have that wicked grain pattern.

Somebody order one of these and try that, ok? Report back here <grin>

Basswood soloist.... too bad they won't do angled neck singles
SL291A.jpg

Why do I even bother looking at bodies when I can't scrape together enough for my neck?

swarfrat said:
Basswood soloist.... too bad they won't do angled neck singles
SL291A.jpg

Why do I even bother looking at bodies when I can't scrape together enough for my neck?
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, that's spectacular...Looks like broken glass... :eek:

Yeah, it almost reminds me of the crackle finishes of the eighties, only a lot more classy.

pt2301stdteleblkredylwtn3821.jpg

very tastey

I think I am jonesing for my 62 tele again
I need to build a stock old school tele either tobacco burst or a original blonde

maybe a nocaster ? or even a broadcaster ?

OK Jusatele, here's yer old school blonde Tele, or as close as I can come to it in the new Body Builder (BB). What's needed on it are "abuse" and "boo-boo" filters to "relic" the pictures. For this one I specifed Seymour's Antiquity vintage neck pickup and '54 vintage lead pup. And notice the 3 saddle bridge. This new BB is a lot of fun.

btrsctchblndstdteleallmaplevintint.jpg

aagh! I've been waiting for someone to say they've bought that soloist! the fact is has not been purchased yet is an outrage! It needs a Tonar finish!

Back