GAS Alert!!!!

ghotiphry said:
DangerousR6 said:
ghotiphry said:
SN29978B.jpg

d2109dbc739543f586e1e3bb61a0d4d0.gif
:binkybaby:
Yup. Maybe. But if it had 4 holes instead of 6 I would own this.
It's a fabulous looking neck, they both are really, I just can't get into that headstock tho, not sure why... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
ghotiphry said:
DangerousR6 said:
ghotiphry said:
It's a fabulous looking neck, they both are really, I just can't get into that headstock tho, not sure why... :dontknow:

From the wood/color combination perspective, or it not being quite like a Strat headstock ?

I felt the same way for 15+years; I never considered other headstock shapes or body styles than Strats during that time. Anything else looked 'wrong' to me.
After discovering PRS the last 3 years though (not a good thing for the wallet either) my builds completely shifted towards Soloist/VIP bodies instead of Strats. It's to the point where I even prefer the aesthetics of a Soloist with Warhead neck over a Strat.

That said I feel like those Fender licensed shapes are still much better when it comes to resale value and ease of resale.

docteurseb said:
DangerousR6 said:
ghotiphry said:
DangerousR6 said:
ghotiphry said:

From the wood/color combination perspective, or it not being quite like a Strat headstock ?

I felt the same way for 15+years; I never considered other headstock shapes or body styles than Strats during that time. Anything else looked 'wrong' to me.
After discovering PRS the last 3 years though (not a good thing for the wallet either) my builds completely shifted towards Soloist/VIP bodies instead of Strats. It's to the point where I even prefer the aesthetics of a Soloist with Warhead neck over a Strat.

That said I feel like those Fender licensed shapes are still much better when it comes to resale value and ease of resale.
Just the shape. Yes, for me too I prefer the soloist over a strat body. I liked the original VIP, that was more PRS-ish. But for the headstock, it still looks too much like a strat. Now I do like the shape of Suhr headstocks, which are similar, but has much more of a pointy vibe. :party07:

In the SUPER-GOOD-DEAL-CLEARANCE-B-STOCK section I found this!
Tele headstock, Strat Heel, Roasted, SRV profile, 1-11/16 nut, added SS frets.  Excited!

Style: Telecaster®
Construction: Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Roasted Maple
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: SRV
Fret Size: SS6150 (Stainless)
Tuner Ream: Schaller (25/64")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 21
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech White TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Inlays: Mother Of Pearl Dots
Side Dots: Mother Of Pearl Side Dots
Finish: No Finish

I feel obligated on this one. I've designed this one a couple times in the past a few years ago. No I didn't order it, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of about five people who would ever buy it - it's just not on my current radar. Still.... a hardtail 7 string nightswan .... Yeah. I'm not sure who the other four are but come on, step it up guys!

Seriously - if I had a neck for it laying around, I'd scarf it in a hurry. I'm getting close to the point of temptation for my Tele neck. But - I don't have a 7 string neck laying around, nor the budget for a whole build right now.

M1183a.jpg

Years of distraction and procrastinating. Months of waffling in various schemes. Basswood reverse angled hybrid strat, 200lbf of poplar drying under the back porch... All brought to naught by a deal in the showcase. Wonder what I should do with that beauty mark:

T7644A.jpg

[youtube]https://youtu.be/7k_A8GhN0L8[/youtube]

swarfrat said:
Years of distraction and procrastinating. Months of waffling in various schemes. Basswood reverse angled hybrid strat, 200lbf of poplar drying under the back porch... All brought to naught by a deal in the showcase. Wonder what I should do with that beauty mark:

T7644A.jpg

[youtube]https://youtu.be/7k_A8GhN0L8[/youtube]
So is this the body Aaron used in the test, and did you acquire it.... :icon_scratch:

It's always a brain tease to decode your ramblings.... :laughing7:

Moi? Ramblings? Why of course I did.  Now I need to decide between clear, red  dye, brown dye, contrasting grain fill or none....

swarfrat said:
Moi? Ramblings? Why of course I did.  Now I need to decide between clear, red  dye, brown dye, contrasting grain fill or none....
:laughing7:....I'd leave it as is, it already has a history, no reason to cover it up... :dontknow:

So if I use mahogany string ferrules instead of brass, would that make them ferrule hogs?

No, but you said it was going to go to someone special. Just having fun with words.

Oh my.  I don't have a short scale Z.  Let alone a solid flame koa short scale Z that happens to weigh in at under 3 and a half pounds.  Can't afford it, but I want it.

b4629A.jpg

b4629B.jpg

Back