GAS Alert!!!!

Oooh, I love that finish! Is that a satin finish? I typically prefer gloss but that guitar looks great, the lack of shine does give it that foreboding look like storm clouds.

Will be a fantastic guitar once it's all put together!

Holy moly Batman, look like the Joker just ordered some new guitars... :icon_jokercolor:
210674216_4366645616719234_3371145388500006570_n.jpg

Everyone second-guessed me for spec'ing that burl top for aquamarine dye, but it seems like it's a hit.  :toothy12:

Wolff05 said:
Everyone second-guessed me for spec'ing that burl top for aquamarine dye, but it seems like it's a hit.  :toothy12:

It must be the photographic eye  :icon_thumright:

Wolff05 said:

Dad would say "Huh?"
(He never got tired of making Van Gogh jokes.)

I definitely don't need a 7 string, especially with a floyd rose, but this neck is pretty nice to look at!

CPsWwBF.jpg

Didn't need it, but after watching a roasted maple Arcade neck in the screamin deals section for over a month, praying that someone would remove the temptation, I pulled the plug and ordered it.  It shipped today.  :laughing7:

Roasted maple neck/fret board
Black Nightswan inlays
I added SS frets and a black TUSQ nut.

:cool01:

SeaGroomer said:
Those inlays are pretty neat. I always thought a wider selection of inlays would be nice.

Because the - let’s see - 94 different options today isn’t enough?  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_biggrin:
I agree. At least Fender offers, let’s see … four? Five?
Wait, what?

ragamuffin said:
I definitely don't need a 7 string, especially with a floyd rose, but this neck is pretty nice to look at!
CPsWwBF.jpg
One of my Jazz Guitar buddies bought that neck and had a luthier in Toronto build the body based upon the Gibson Howard Robert Fusion guitar. I was thinking of doing the same thing but with a slightly different body shape and dimensions for an archtop project.
7-string_electric.jpg

I bought a Line 6 Pod Go for my Birthday. Loving it for bass use as it's saving me a few thousand on chase-tier bass heads. Now I just play through Power Amp/Cab and I'm loving it.

Went ahead and made a good setup for every major Wal Bass player's rig so I can chase the tones I've loved my whole life. Can sound like Geddy, Flea, Wings era McCartney. It's tasty. And of course I made a Justin Chancellor setup with all 4 different snapshots. Lots of drop D happening right now.

This would be a fun build, I've wanted to do a CT Tele, but have too many other projects to tend to. Need to stay away from photoshop...

51484159263_1526bfc87b_b.jpg

I was thinking hard about a mooncaster as a winter build, finally decided Instead on a soloist because all the semi-hollow designs from W include plastic binding, just not compatible with the oil finish I'm planning.

So it'll be maple body, quilt top, and maple + rosewood neck, paddle shape so I can carve out something custom.

Should be a very different guitar from my just-finished rosewood/mahogany strat, I have a different, but related burst design in mind, again based in Tung oil.

And then there's the Sketchy Zebra phaser & virbrato.

I'm thinking on a Santa Cruz acoustic also, that's a more serious proposition.

Sadie your a little off on your specs there ... strats tales and a few others. ... mostly flat tops do not require binding when chambered. 

Back