GAS Alert!!!!

I like this...

Jzn4MYb.jpg

...although I'm starting to wonder if the blocks are too big or the neck is too light. I think it's the blocks. One thing's certain - even in your peripheral vision on a dark stage, your left hand will likely never get lost. That's some stark marking/contrast.

Roasted maple seemed to work too...  No matter how I slice it, I like that trans blue over RSA.  I like it a lot.  Maybe something in a '54 P size.

xVpgrBd.jpg

ghotiphry said:
Roasted maple seemed to work too...  No matter how I slice it, I like that trans blue over RSA.  I like it a lot.  Maybe something in a '54 P size.

xVpgrBd.jpg
Direct hit! This is the best look yet.

As much as I want to... It's been a very good discussion on something fabulous recently discovered.  I hope someone here has the funds and the gumption to build an RSA trans blue with an RM neck something in the near future.  Otherwise I'm going to shelve this idea and probably come back to it.  Unless there's a sale I can't refuse!

Oh, by the way, just playing around...  (I couldn't find a good black control plate image on this one.)

r5iOdC2.jpg

Black blocks look good now. If there are no black control plates for that style, the pickguard could be modified.

Good thing I'm broke.

Cagey said:
Black blocks look good now. If there are no black control plates for that style, the pickguard could be modified.

Good thing I'm broke.
:laughing11:

amigarobbo said:
Fat Pete said:
amigarobbo said:
...I've ordered a Fender (style, but in no legal sense any association with FMIC :evil4:) P '54 style body and 1 piece Walnut neck with a Maple skunk stripe, from another UK based Guitar Build(er).

My name is amigarobbo, and I have a problem.  :turtle:

I've been looking at 1 piece walnut necks from a UK Guitar Build(er) too, so I'll be very interested to hear what you think. Stock item or are you having to wait for them to make it?

I wonder if I could do a work in progress on a non-Warmoth build?

Fat Pete said:
amigarobbo said:
I wonder if I could do a work in progress on a non-Warmoth build?

It's been done before and nobody was killed.

That's it! I'm going to do it!

And may God have mercy on our souls!

I could use some coping strategies. My GAS is extended for custom build... Waiting for the pizza guy is hard, waiting for a sweet custom built Warmoth is SOOO much harder.

Fred_Buzz said:
I could use some coping strategies. My GAS is extended for custom build... Waiting for the pizza guy is hard, waiting for a sweet custom built Warmoth is SOOO much harder.
Take apart one of your other guitars and do some improvements. :icon_biggrin:

That really looks good. Thanks for that, Pete. I think that every transparent color W offers looks best on RSA.

Okay, I've been eyeing this custom T bass for quite some time now.  Mahogany.  I'd take it unfinished and dye it myself.  Kind of a rich, deep red.  Oh, the agony.

B3618C.jpg

She's a beauty all right, but at half a grand I'd really work hard at verifying my finishing schedule before even touching that guitar body.

do-it-do-it-launch-icbm-okami-demotivational-poster-1278727286.jpg

It's only money. You'll make more. This is the United States. We print the stuff like it's pulp fiction.

Oh, and send me the neck  :laughing7:

ghotiphry said:
Okay, I've been eyeing this custom T bass for quite some time now.  Mahogany.  I'd take it unfinished and dye it myself.  Kind of a rich, deep red.  Oh, the agony.

B3618C.jpg
That is sweet....

ghotiphry said:
What a fine one. You may as well go for it.

Back