GAS Alert!!!!

My Sansamp into the TS 100, the looks on faces.  My first gig with a guy I hadn't played with in a few years, I took it off standby and happened to be looking his way.  His eyes said, "where have you been hiding that thing all these years?"

Cagey said:
Death by Uberschall said:
I have a Carvin Tube 100 tube power amp, sounds really good and has been trouble free for 20 yrs.  :eek:ccasion14:

They're very nice amps. All I have left of mine is a pile of pictures of the guts (I take apart nearly everything out of curiosity). I sold it because it was too heavy and I didn't want to deal with the whole tube thing. My DCM200L only weighs 4lbs, has no wear parts and fits in a 1U space. I don't know if it'll get as loud as the TS100, but I never cranked either of them up to the point where I could tell.

I have a set of old Groove Tubes small bottle 6L6's in it with a 4 rating and they compress nicely when pushed. Takes nice pre-amps very well.

Love my X-60C w 6L6's.  Its kind of like being married for 20 years of nonstop bickering and fighting, and once the kids leave for college realizing you enjoy arguing with this person.    Bought it when it was cheap, chased half a dozen different tone du jours. Once I had a chance to replace it I realized you can't beat the thing with a stick. We still argue, but enjoy it now.

PT3103D.jpg

Needs a nice dose of this:
black_red_black.jpg

Very sharp! I like that finish a lot. Too bad about the big fissure on the left side of the top, but I notice the price has been discounted to compensate.

You mean the f-hole? If you were serious about a finish flaw I'm not seeing it from these pics.

What do you think the "F" in "F-hole" stands for? Something dirty? Get your mind out of the gutter. It the first letter of "Fissure". Sometimes, when they make guitars, the top splits. If they have too much labor into the thing, many manufacturers try to sell it anyway. Some folks even like it! Of course, there's no accounting for taste, so we can let that go even though it encourages substandard product offerings. But, it's actually a major flaw, and unacceptable to people who don't need to store dust, spiders, dandruff, spilled beer, cobs and their unsightly webs, hair, etc. Not to mention hooker dust. Who invented that stuff, anyway?

Cagey said:
Not to mention hooker dust. Who invented that stuff, anyway?

Duh.  A hooker named Dusty*, of course.

*Not her given name - more of a nom d'amour, so to speak.

Oh, yeah. I remember her. Dusty Gazongas.

179224_108477.jpg

Hello? Hello?

She works for the Department of Public Works. So, I suppose they own the patent on the dust? Work for hire, and all that...

Just when i thought my active bass build would be a 4 stringer this time........

gn274a.jpg

d5n602a.jpg

Now to decide on Gecko or Z bass.......

Really is, love the wenge/bloodwood on my first warmoth,
Although i'm seriously at a loose end whether to go for that one if it's in the showcase still when i can afford to,
or to order a custom with the gecko inlay on it(Which i'd really like).
I'd actually save a bit of money doing the custom order, but who knows if the bloodwood would look as amazing as that one does. 

Bloodwood has a pretty even grain structure to it. One piece tends to look like another, kinda like black Ebony. It is a really nice wood having characteristics similar to Ebony, so if you can reconcile the color with your body's color I'd highly recommend it.

Well we know how it turned out last time, wenge/bloodwood/purple.

Deciding between some form of purple again(Dye if i get a top on the bass)
Or dragonburst, they're the two that really stand out for me right now.

In other gas related news...... Really want to change to a ashdown dual tube head and VS cabs when i can afford to  :evil4:

Every time I look that red stripe thinline tempts me. With either the red stripe pickguard or the red pearloid pickguard.  Its basically half price - I could work the money part, its figuring out how to hide the body for a for a few months that would be hard.

What to do with it is the other question. Thinline fits into my scheme.  This would probably be my baritone (though not tuned as low as most) .  I'm just not sure if I want it in tele pickups, or HH route with  GFS liverpools. Or if I should go maple/maple or padouk/(ebony/ziri/pau ferro).

Maple would probably look best w the Red stripe black pickguard. Paddy/dark closed grain exotic would go better w the pearloid.  Black n Brass 3 saddle bridge would lend itself to the traditional tele pickups.   

I wish I hadn't looked:
thinline-swan_zps9ed9f9c0.png

The stars don't quite line up (no pun intended) - I'm liking the Padouk. I was planning no inlays but the Nightswan *ALMOST* works with the Thinline pickguard.  (I have no objections to the tele headstock, but there weren't any tele-paddy-nightswans in the showcase to play with. ) If the swan pattern were shifted down two frets - it'd line up better with the thinline pickguard. 

Is Nightswan available on baritones, and if so, where does it line up?

Wow; very nice!
I normally hate the Nightswan inlay, but it really works good on that pickguard.
:kewlpics:

swarfrat said:
Is Nightswan available on baritones, and if so, where does it line up?
Simple answer .... NO

But heres something NEW to play with ...  :toothy10:
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/Inlays.aspx
Answer was from bottom of linked page.

Back