GAS Alert!!!!

If it's a drop-in for the standard Jazzmaster rout, it could be a very nice way to make use of an otherwise un-useful arrangement, esp. when coupled with a roller bridge.  Imperfect, but better, anyway.

I really like the looks of that. I'd almost consider one for my Bass VI (which I really need to upload the finished pics of...), but there's no way it would accept the thickness of the strings.

Bagman67 said:
If it's a drop-in for the standard Jazzmaster rout, it could be a very nice way to make use of an otherwise un-useful arrangement, esp. when coupled with a roller bridge.  Imperfect, but better, anyway.
A roller bridge makes everything better.... :icon_thumright:

I've decided if the traditional Jazz trem doesn't work for me I'll just get a machine shop to make me a solid metal piece to put there that looks right, essentially just making it a hard tail.

Who made the Scartozi bridge again?  :icon_scratch:

JaySwear said:
I've decided if the traditional Jazz trem doesn't work for me I'll just get a machine shop to make me a solid metal piece to put there that looks right, essentially just making it a hard tail.

Who made the Scartozi bridge again?  :icon_scratch:

I believe the Scartozi bridge was made by Ken [aka troubled treble] of Roadhouse Pickups fame, I think  :dontknow:

Bagman67 said:
The Scartozi bridge is so named for our forum buddy... Scartozi.

Yep, that was the only part I remembered unfortunately. But Doug did it! I'll have to get in contact with him. I need some neck plates anyway  :icon_biggrin:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
*****NON-WARMOTH GAS*****

I'm Jonesing for one of these.  A Jackson Amp Works Behemoth 120 watt 2 channel all tube bass head. 

They are a local company, hand wired, point to point, blah blah blah, and an MSRP of $2,850 their dealers are not allowed to budge from.  However, a Black Friday temporary MAP variance, a friend who's a dealer, a wad of cash, and some traded gear may get it home for me.

JacksonBehemoth01.jpg

JacksonBehemoth02.jpg

Getting down to the nitty gritty.  My authorized dealer locked in a good deal, and while I was in the shop, one of the owners of the company called and I got some exciting and disappointing news.  They've only ever sold 2 and they're making changes to the amp.  They are making it one channel instead of 2, and they're increasing the watts from 120 to 200.  Also, 8 to 10 weeks.

Okay, this deal isn't gonna happen afterall.  One of the guitar mags gave one of his guitar amps a favorable write up, and now he's swamped for guitar amp orders.  He told the dealer he's probably gonna drop the bass aspect altogether.  Mind you, Jackson Ampworks didn't call the dealer to tell him that.  It was my check up phone calls 6 weeks into an 8 week wait to find out he had no intention of building an order I'd prepaid $2,500 towards.

That's too bad. But, if you're willing to spend that kind of money you could get an Axe FX II and a Carvin DCM2000L for roughly the same money, and it would not only sound dramatically better, you'd have a TON of extra features, more power, substantially fewer problems, no maintenance and be nearly weightless in comparison.

I have a Carvin DCM 2000, (2) Carvin DCM 1000s, a Carvin HD 1500, and TS100 and ran a Sansamp through all of them at different points.  The Sansamp sounded best through the TS 100! 

I think I'm gonna get a Mesa M6 Carbine and start a Warmoth Strat build as a surprise for my Dad's 65th birthday in Sept.

Altar said:
I saw that in premier guitar. Good for him.

Good for him means bad for me.  His recent success meant his customer service went down the drain.  Mind you, he was 6 weeks into an 8 week order, and it was only because I called I found out he cancelled my order 6 weeks previous.  No heads up, no nothing.  Yeah, good for him.

Altar said:
I saw that in premier guitar. Good for him.

Good for him means bad for me.  His recent success meant his customer service went down the drain.  Mind you, he was 6 weeks into an 8 week order, and it was only because I called I found out he cancelled my order 6 weeks previous.  No heads up, no nothing.  Yeah, good for him.

Yeah, that sucks.

Death by Uberschall said:
I have a Carvin Tube 100 tube power amp, sounds really good and has been trouble free for 20 yrs.  :eek:ccasion14:

They're very nice amps. All I have left of mine is a pile of pictures of the guts (I take apart nearly everything out of curiosity). I sold it because it was too heavy and I didn't want to deal with the whole tube thing. My DCM200L only weighs 4lbs, has no wear parts and fits in a 1U space. I don't know if it'll get as loud as the TS100, but I never cranked either of them up to the point where I could tell.

Back