GAS Alert!!!!

mp211A.jpg

Normally not a GAS, but for $150 ($175 how I'd option it) it's an amazing deal for only a dent on the bottom edge that'd I probably wind up putting there anyhow.

AutoBat said:
mp211A.jpg

Normally not a GAS, but for $150 ($175 how I'd option it) it's an amazing deal for only a dent on the bottom edge that'd I probably wind up putting there anyhow.

Sorry. I pulled the trigger while you were posting  :glasses9:

Good for you! I don't like that body style, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a great deal. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

SustainerPlayer said:
AutoBat said:
mp211A.jpg

Sorry. I pulled the trigger while you were posting  :glasses9:
Awesome! It seriously saves me from trying to lobby the Finance Department.

Wow, those ding and dent deals go fast. 

There was a chipped flame maple Iceman bass that was gone in less than a day last week.

Nice!

But don't let that sniping happen on you in the Duncan board, they will fry your ass for it... Impolite, it something like that...

Orpheo said:
Nice!

But don't let that sniping happen on you in the Duncan board, they will fry your ass for it... Impolite, it something like that...

I'm not sure if this was directed to me?

It was not "sniping" - a term normally used about late bids on auctions ...

I saw the the deal - bought it - and went on to read the forum and saw AutoBat's post.

If anyone gets offended by someone buying stuff from the showcase ... well ... be prepared to be offended a lot.  :evil4:

:eek:ccasion14:

Loomi said:

There was a chipped flame maple Iceman bass that was gone in less than a day last week.

This one?
BP1281A.jpg

It gets here tomorrow!  :headbang:

$150 for for a finished, bound flame maple body (with a little chip at the bottom point) was just too much to resist!  :icon_thumright:

fdesalvo said:
DrewFX - are you from the old Ampage board???  Sweet body, too!

I don't remember ever being on Ampage, so I guess not.  :dontknow:

And thanks, I am definitely psyched about the body!

drewfx said:
Loomi said:

This one?
BP1281A.jpg

It gets here tomorrow!  :headbang:

$150 for for a finished, bound flame maple body (with a little chip at the bottom point) was just too much to resist!  :icon_thumright:

That's the one!  Hell of a deal.  What kind of neck are you going to pair it with?

Loomi said:
What kind of neck are you going to pair it with?

Current thought is a "V" head, either wenge or bubinga with ebony fb. Oddly, it will cost me more than twice as much as the body - but I ain't complaining.  :glasses9:

That Iceman was mine originally!  It was custom order.  It got dinged in shipping.  The binding is Ivoroid and was crushed along with the clearcoat chipping off.  They said they couldn't refinish it repair the binding, plus I had requested the back color to burst over.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That Iceman was mine originally!  It was custom order.  It got dinged in shipping.  The binding is Ivoroid and was crushed along with the clearcoat chipping off.  They said they couldn't refinish it repair the binding, plus I had requested the back color to burst over.

Wow. I figured it was custom and something like that happened. Are you getting a new one built?

Waiting on Rob to call me back.  The plan was to build a new one, but now there's an identical one out there at a 1/5 the price and I wasn't even given the chance to buy that one for $150 or a discount on the damaged one.  I was told the binding was smashed and they were building another.

Back