GAS Alert!!!!

Hehe! No, that's not all I see in everything. But come on! Look at that headstock! If that's not disappointment on a visceral and embarrassing level, I don't know what is.

Make that a singlecut and it kinda looks like a Knaggs Choptank

chopt-guitb-1.jpg

mero said:
Make that a singlecut and it kinda looks like a Knaggs Choptank

chopt-guitb-1.jpg

Whoa...that's a cool guitar.

And to hannaugh, do it up! I think the body looks pretty cool! The headstock is a just a little out there for me, but I'm a traditionalist at heart.

Pretty similar to a PRS Starla too, I think Joe Knaggs designed the Starla when he was still at PRS. I've been wanting one of those for awhile now, they were going at 1.2k on ebay new awhile back, but I had just gotten a McCarty that that point and didn't have the cash. Every now and then I check on ebay to see if any dealers are clearing them for that price, they don't really sell that well compared to the rest of the PRS range

PRS_Starla_guitar.jpg

Actually, the guitar in The Lorax kinda looks like this, just with a different headstock. The LP-shaped bottom's there.

PRSseWhite.jpg

I like all of these.  Arrggghhh... must resist GAS....  Someday I will have something funky like this.  I think it's because I'm still sad I missed out on that beat up Bruno Conqueror a couple years ago. 

No!!! if you're going to a copy that guitar, the rules are nothing bought goes on the guitar. Well, nothing bought from a musicial instrument dealer or parts dealer. We can make exceptions for buying a fretted neck I suppose.

hannaugh said:
Don't laugh...

my husband made me go see The Lorax with him.  It was his favorite book as a kid.  The movie was pretty manipulative and kind of meh in general, other than some nice character design and animation, but I want the Once-ler's guitar.  It's like a slightly Les Paul shaped Strat with a really weird headstock.  It almost looks like something Rickenbacker would make.  I want it to exist in real life.

Okay, I realize how ridiculous this sounds... you may laugh as much as you want.  But I still want one!

lorax_oncelerguitar03.png

oncelerguitar.png

Here's a real life mockup...

oncelerguitar.jpg

Back