GAS Alert!!!!

JaySwear said:
I know, I was just kidding. I think the body is around 5 lbs, so the shipping weight isn't too bad honestly. The shipping time, on the other hand... Next Wednesday seems so far away :D

For some reason, the UPS shipments out of Puyallup, WA, go very slowly.  Not sure why, but it's pokey.

Bagman67 said:
JaySwear said:
I know, I was just kidding. I think the body is around 5 lbs, so the shipping weight isn't too bad honestly. The shipping time, on the other hand... Next Wednesday seems so far away :D

For some reason, the UPS shipments out of Puyallup, WA, go very slowly.  Not sure why, but it's pokey.

I sometimes think hitting the "refresh" button while looking at the UPS site makes it go slower. At least, that's been my personal experience.

Bagman67 said:

No kidding. I order stuff from Newegg all the time that comes out of their CA warehouse and get it in 3 days. Out of Puyallup, WA? Give it 8 to 10 days. It's like they pack it out on a mule train or something. I wish they'd threaten UPS with loss of business to FedEx or DTL or somebody if they didn't improve their service in order to get them to move off top dead center. I know the problem isn't on my end because I live in a major metropolitan area and I don't have any problem with anybody else. it's only Warmoth stuff that takes forever to get here.

Being a mail-order business and for as much as those guys ship, I gotta think if they called in the FedEx rep, they'd be on that like white on rice. Might not only save money but make customers happier as well. Plus, FedEx delivers on Saturday. What would be wrong with that?

This came up on Carvin's in-stock list recently.  The streaky ebony fingerboard gives me a special feeling.  And the moss green dye is very tasty.

Want: 

112793b.jpg

Bagman67 said:
This came up on Carvin's in-stock list recently.  The streaky ebony fingerboard gives me a special feeling.  And the moss green dye is very tasty.

Gee, thanks Bagman. I ruined a pair of pants thanks to you.  :laughing7: Very sexy looking instrument, for sure.

I went to the Carvin shop in LA a couple weeks ago.  They had some very nice looking stuff.  There was a kid in there trying to get his dad to buy him one. 

hannaugh said:
I went to the Carvin shop in LA a couple weeks ago.  They had some very nice looking stuff.  There was a kid in there trying to get his dad to buy him one.
Cool place, been there to the one on Sunset strip across from guitar center. High end stuff.. Guitar Center is pretty cool too, their entry way is pretty stellar. They are always changing out memorabilia in the store front. Got to meet Joe Satriani at Tower Records too... :headbang1:

I'm not sure that's from tone worms. Looks more like it was on the business end of an active AK-47 <grin>

george-bush-eats-a-kitten.jpg

Pointless shot of a bush eating a puss. Think about it.

Don't laugh...

my husband made me go see The Lorax with him.  It was his favorite book as a kid.  The movie was pretty manipulative and kind of meh in general, other than some nice character design and animation, but I want the Once-ler's guitar.  It's like a slightly Les Paul shaped Strat with a really weird headstock.  It almost looks like something Rickenbacker would make.  I want it to exist in real life.

Okay, I realize how ridiculous this sounds... you may laugh as much as you want.  But I still want one!

lorax_oncelerguitar03.png

oncelerguitar.png

Scroll over, I swear there's a guitar in that picture. 

... kind of want the donkey too.  Donkeys are cute. 

I'm going to leave that one alone, as there's no way to describe what that headstock looks like relative to the droopy dick design of a traditional Tele headstock without some colorful language the forum's word filter won't allow <grin>

I guess if that's all you see in everything, then that's what it looks like.  Kind of a stretch if you as me, I don't think I've ever seen a -ahem- package that triangular.  :dontknow:  Remind me never to give you a rorschach test.

Back