GAS Alert!!!!

Orpheo said:
I own 25 les pauls... I don't think I could ever go back to anything else but a les paul :)

I'm sure. As I said, it's an acquired taste. Some people don't like beer, but those that do usually aren't interested in anything else. Wine and mixed drinks are ok, but they're not what you reach for when your jones is on.

They require a whole different playing style, which if you have, you're fine. But, if you wanna play other guitars as well, you're out of luck. The feel is just too radically different, so you end up lost or uncomfortable half the time.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong or bad about Pauls, just that they're a different animal. We're talking cats and dogs. Both great, but with substantially different demands.

I hear you, Cagey.  As they say, it's a good thing dogs don't catch the cars they chase -- they wouldn't know what to do with 'em.

I think I will eventually get my hands on a double-bound tele body, because I like that look, and don't mind the hard edges.  Some candy color with white binding sounds like a nice implementation.

And as for the Lester, I have my late father-in-law's LP Custom and the makings of a Warmoth flat-topped LP that just came in on Friday - that oughta do it for the foreseeable future. 

Really, I'm just ogling hot guitar pr0n here.

I've always been a big fan of binding, too. It just seems like such a classy finishing touch. But, being a Strat-whore, I've lived without it for a long time and it hasn't killed me, unlike some of my other desires are trying to <grin>

Another in the 'I don't normally like" series: I don't normally dig rotted tops with coffee stains, but... beautiful.

pt2516a.jpg

Hehe! Rotted wood and coffee stains. I know what you mean. But, it is attractive.

My niece has a top like that on a Les Paul. Very attractive, but every time I see it all I can think is... rotted wood and coffee stains.

Reminds me of convincing my brothers when we were young that cottage cheese is nothing but rotted milk. Everybody knows better now, but they can't help but think of that now when they see it.

My motivation then was to leave more for me. Not sure if that'll work with the wood, since I'm in the same boat.

It seems like I'm picking out a lot of Teles too, and I'm not really a big tele fan. I DO think the single cutaway looks cool if you actually round over the edges and not just bandsaw the slab out.  It's funny, but the house we just bought - when we looked at it the previous owner had some router templates in the shop for a bunch of basses. Hmmmmm.

Bagman67 said:
I think I will eventually get my hands on a double-bound tele body, because I like that look, and don't mind the hard edges.  Some candy color with white binding sounds like a nice implementation.
Just as you speak .... One arrives on the showcase  :icon_biggrin:
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&i=PT2560
Yummie  :blob7: Great price if ya ask me  :toothy11:

Attachments

• PT2560A.jpg
    PT2560A.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 210
  • PT2560C.jpg
    PT2560C.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 213
Some times I think I could go for clear over figured maple. I'm kinda thinking CTT's (yummy) need binding (yuck) after looking through the showcase. That realization leaves me kind of conflicted.

t2540a.jpg

Any guesses on how long these last in the showcase?

ps6288a.jpg

ps6289a.jpg

I'm betting the top one doesn't make it to the end of the day tomorrow, bottom one maybe a little longer.

The top one is pretty, but it's a hardtail, and that diminishes its appeal for a lot of you guys. I like hard tail strats, but I already got one, and ain't got money for another one right now.

Back