GAS Alert!!!!

swarfrat said:
pt2517a.jpg

Whoaaaa....

Pleaselet this post take us to a new page. I've gotten real sick of looking at whoever that jerkwad is on the top of page 224!

anorakDan said:
Please let this post take us to a new page. I've gotten real sick of looking at whoever that jerkwad is on the top of page 224!
Now look what your've done

Give'em an inch and they'll run a mile  :icon_biggrin:

for those of you that don't get the referenced pic: (NFSW)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY&ob=av2e

I am sorry I caused trouble. Had I just remained patient it would have passed. But no, I had to comment.

I will attempt greater restraint in the future.

Move along, nothing to see folks.

Now how about this? Normally I don't care for the look of spruce topped electrics, too plain, but this one I kinda like. Just a hint of detail in the coloration. And it works much better in a single cutaway (the acoustic thing I guess)
T2746a.jpg

You're right, that is attractive. I don't think I've seen a spruce top on an electric before. At least, not on a solid body.

Was playing with the builder, hollow mahogany tele with carved spruce top, recessed TOM, f-holes, and a single neck humbucker (which of course would house something that doesn't sound like a humbucker). But man, are carved top tele's pricey.

Yeah, those carved tops eat up a lotta tool time. Plus, they're more time-consuming to sand down properly. That's why I was so surprised to get my carved-top Tele at the price I did. And hollow, to boot! With a finish! The FSM was smilin' on me that day.

That Tele body is attractive, but you're forever spoiled now with what you have. You wouldn't like that one.

The Les Paul body is also attractive, but it's a Les Paul body. If you don't or haven't owned one, you need to find a way to have one around the house for a week or six before you start pouring money into one of your own. It's really an acquired taste that defies comparison to anything else. I buy one every 5 or 6 years because I can't help myself, and I've never kept one longer than 6 months. They're just too different from everything else so I never get right with them and they become trade bait.

Cagey said:
That Tele body is attractive, but you're forever spoiled now with what you have. You wouldn't like that one.

The Les Paul body is also attractive, but it's a Les Paul body. If you don't or haven't owned one, you need to find a way to have one around the house for a week or six before you start pouring money into one of your own. It's really an acquired taste that defies comparison to anything else. I buy one every 5 or 6 years because I can't help myself, and I've never kept one longer than 6 months. They're just too different from everything else so I never get right with them and they become trade bait.

I own 25 les pauls... I don't think I could ever go back to anything else but a les paul :)

ps: nice top, but I think it's a double lam? my blueburst LP has a broader flame than this one. Come to think of it, I actually have little to NO les pauls with a narrow flame, only broad flame.

Back