And either one of them (IMO) would look good with either of these necks:
(all rosewood)
Warmothstratneckallrswd.jpg

Warmothstratneckallrswdback.jpg

(wenge on goncalo alves)
Warmothstratneckgoncalo-wenge.jpg

Warmothstratneckgcalo-wngeback.jpg

oh man. all rosewood necks are glorious. those strats are beautiful too

Lately my brain is going in two totally different directions. Part of me wants to invest in a Jazzmaster build with P90's and an all rosewood neck. Part of me REALLY wants this:
guitar-bass-electric-guitars-electric-guitar-eastman-archtop-ar605ce-classic.jpg

hannaugh said:

:sad:  Was really hoping no one would post that one ..... Because ...
Thats my twin for this one  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17236.0  ...... PLEASE DON'T BUY IT  :toothy11:

Bruno said:
on a full rosewood neck, you must applied a specific oil sometime?

not that i've ever heard. Though i hear some like to 'spruce em up' with lemon oil

Updown said:
hannaugh said:

:sad:  Was really hoping no one would post that one ..... Because ...
Thats my twin for this one  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17236.0  ...... PLEASE DON'T BUY IT  :toothy11:

You're lucky I just spent all my gear money on my bass, otherwise that would be on it's way to my house.  I hope you get it though, because then I can at least see pics of it completed and I can live vicariously through you.  :icon_tongue:

dNA said:
Bruno said:

not that i've ever heard. Though i hear some like to 'spruce em up' with lemon oil

You can do. I have a full rosewood start neck on my W tele deluxe. I like a little lemon oil on the fingerboard, but not the back of the neck. It just feels too greasy. Photo's attached are from my last mod session.

Attachments

• IMGP0157.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 331
  • IMGP0153.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMGP0141.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 295
In the word of Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curse all necks with Satandardboring-Thinlameness profiles!!!! I realize its got to be their most popular profile, but C'MON! Hardly a pau-ferro neck hits the showcase that isn't this profile.

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=MJN247&Body=1&Path=Neck

Well, it's a very short-scale neck designed for smaller guitars... how many people who'd play such a thing would want a baseball bat neck? The market there is women/children/midgets/etc. who don't have piano hands.

ah, I missed that it was a 24 incher. that makes sense then, but even farther from what I'm GASing over. 24in scale just messes with me, because (as you pointed out) I have piano hands, big time. Wide spread long fingers on big palms that do better with a bit more meat, an asymmetrical and extra real-estate between the frets.

B3Guy said:
In the word of Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curse all necks with Satandardboring-Thinlameness profiles!!!! I realize its got to be their most popular profile, but C'MON! Hardly a pau-ferro neck hits the showcase that isn't this profile.

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=MJN247&Body=1&Path=Neck

that might be the single most beautiful guitar neck ever to my eyes

oh, don't get me wrong, looking at it has me drooling to no end . . . but I know I'd never forgive myself for getting a neck that I'm not suited to at all  :sad1:

Oh Mighty Warmoth Of All Epicosity . . . All Pau-Ferro necks are incredible. You should make more and not bother with ugly Ebony fretboards. Nobody wants CBS headstocks, and while Teles are great, their necks are only compatible with their own bodies. Strat necks fit all. Also, there is one guitar deity known for Pau-Ferro on his signature strat fretboard . . . . Stevie Ray. You should do an all-pau neck in honor of him with his neck back contour. Or, do five of them. That would work too. Also, why in the name of all things tasty would you NOT quarter-saw pau-ferro? It looks at least 100x better than the normal stuff, which just looks bland.

PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
dNA said:
Bruno said:

You can do. I have a full rosewood start neck on my W tele deluxe. I like a little lemon oil on the fingerboard, but not the back of the neck. It just feels too greasy. Photo's attached are from my last mod session.
That's one sweet ass Tele Paul....Hehehe, get it Tele-Paul... :icon_jokercolor:

I'll claim ignorance of what SRV's fretboards actually were.  For all I know it could've been Pao Ferro, but the PF fretboard on the sig model was a posthumous decision by Jimmie.  Kind of like if Gibson made a Strat posthumously for Hendrix.  Oh wait, they did! 
:icon_jokercolor:

Super Turbo Jack Ace Deluxe Custom said:
Kind of like if Gibson made a Strat posthumously for Hendrix.  Oh wait, they did! 

Oh yeah, that was the one that got made fun of so much that they erased it from their website a day after announcing it. 

hannaugh said:
Kind of like if Gibson made a Strat posthumously for Hendrix.  Oh wait, they did! 

Oh yeah, that was the one that got made fun of so much that they erased it from their website a day after announcing it. 

It's on the list ...

Gibson_fails.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

hannaugh said:
Kind of like if Gibson made a Strat posthumously for Hendrix.  Oh wait, they did!   :icon_jokercolor:

Gibson's marketing weenies aren't the brightest pennies in the fountain. The only thing they've ever done right is make sure by hook or by crook (also known as bribes and contracts) that contemporary guitar heroes had Gibson guitars in their paws whenever and wherever possible, particularly if they were going to be filmed or photographed. Not that Fender is without sin in that regard, but it's clear that some of the other makers either didn't take that scheme close enough to heart, or couldn't outspend the budgets the elephants in the room had available.

Someone turned on the rosewood faucet up in Puyallup today, and two of the specimens could be righty or lefty, trem or fixed, top or rear rout:

t2579C.jpg

t2576D.jpg

t2580C.jpg

t2575D.jpg

Back