GAS Alert!!!!

bp1047G.jpg

Want.

TroubledTreble said:
Thanks Mark.

It's really early in the game but I will go ahead and pop a little on the build. I just (finally) ordered a VIP. Since Mark O would not tell me his address or leave his door unlocked for me to swing by and take his, I had to build my own. I was in dire need of a (good) double humbucker guitar in 24 3/4" scale for doing pickup demos and for myself of course.  :laughing7:

I saw one in the showcase that made me really want it, only it had a trem. So I needed to build up one. I also saw a neck that made me flip only it was a strat neck. So I copied both of them and put this concept together. "The Green Dragon".

That looks awesome.  If and when I have a VIP someday, I think I'll go the green route.  They just look good in green. 

Am I the only one feeling the mysterious pull of the HUGE AND AWESOME spate of korina bodies (black and white) that W. has been churning out lately?

Korina has it's own gravity. Get to close and you will get sucked in! The black variety is my own personal kryptonite.

Thanks Hannah. Yes, it was time to go with and actual color other than white, burst, or clear. Living in the NW must have had some influence.  :laughing7:

Mark , how come the address you gave me was a 7-11? Although the man behind the counter did know you. He said something about midnight charcoal runs and slurpee binges.  :tard:

Bagman67 said:
Am I the only one feeling the mysterious pull of the HUGE AND AWESOME spate of korina bodies (black and white) that W. has been churning out lately?

You are not alone. I'm still fantasizing about that transparent red on bk body...

I've got a couple of ideas brewing.  One is Dragon Burst BK, another is something in Candy Turquoise, and yet another is Charcoal Mist Metallic with white pickups and a Black Pearl PG.  The showcase sure makes the BK easy.

TroubledTreble said:
Mark , how come the address you gave me was a 7-11? Although the man behind the counter did know you. He said something about midnight charcoal runs and slurpee binges.  :tard:

Haha, I am sorry, it won't happen again :)
sorry to make you drive all the way from Oregon for just a slurpee

I could see how some would find the master vol./master tone setup limiting, but it's never really been a problem for me. Of course, I never really use the knobs much anyway. If I didn't already have the single-pickup, non-cutaway version of this guitar, I'd be seriously considering one. But I also really want a Gretsch (someday), and I don't know if this would scratch that itch...

Never really been able to get excited about lacewood myself. Don't know what it is, just a weird amber color and a weird pattern together are too much for me I guess.

JaySwear said:
Never really been able to get excited about lacewood myself. Don't know what it is, just a weird amber color and a weird pattern together are too much for me I guess.
Same here, altho sometimes it is pretty cool. depending on the body, looks particularly better with a darker body wood. I think it comes from Australia...

DangerousR6 said:
JaySwear said:
Same here, altho sometimes it is pretty cool. depending on the body, looks particularly better with a darker body wood. I think it comes from Australia...

I sure does come from aussie land. I don't hate it, don't love it either. I could see it looking cool with a dark dye, might look like crocodile skin.

PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
DangerousR6 said:
JaySwear said:

I sure does come from aussie land. I don't hate it, don't love it either. I could see it looking cool with a dark dye, might look like crocodile skin.

Its definitely something I would look at after I've built all the other bodies that I want to.

Back