GAS Alert!!!!

jay4321 said:
Is there a production reason they cut so many of these for tremolo before they hit the showcase? Other than the body shape it's a blank slate, I can't imagine it would be that much harder to do a tremolo rout after a buyer specifies it. You can always rout more wood out but you can't do anything once it's gone.

I'm not exactly an insider, but I reckon it probably does boil down to supply and demand on the one hand - most folks want trem routing on strat-shaped guitars, so it's more efficient and profitable to assume the bulk of purchasers will want that.  Plus laying the body back on the CNC table a second time for two sides of work instead of one takes more machine time and more worker time, further eating the margin.

Frankly, the trem cavity is what's keeping me from buying that sucker right this effin' minute.

Bagman67 said:
jay4321 said:
That black korina when it's got those orange streaks is hard to beat

What, you mean, like THIS?

S5189A.jpg

WOW. that's like the patterning on an exceptionally beautiful tabby cat. I don't normally feel anything special about the BK, but yowzer. i may have just been converted

dNA said:
Bagman67 said:
jay4321 said:
That black korina when it's got those orange streaks is hard to beat

What, you mean, like THIS?

S5189A.jpg

WOW. that's like the patterning on an exceptionally beautiful tabby cat. I don't normally feel anything special about the BK, but yowzer. i may have just been converted

Question - why is the traditional Strat "input" jack route more expensive than a side jack route?

Edit: I'm sure being rear-routed is the reason, but still not sure why...

Can anyone confirm if this is a Dragon Burst finish. I beleive it is and if so.... I've got an itchy trigger finger. I know this one is gone which is fine since I'm after a hardtail.

VIPP176A.jpg

Awesome, man.  I can't wait to see this. 

-Mark

-p.s.  Teething is NOT fun when it happens 6 teeth at once.  Just saying.

Thanks Mark.

It's really early in the game but I will go ahead and pop a little on the build. I just (finally) ordered a VIP. Since Mark O would not tell me his address or leave his door unlocked for me to swing by and take his, I had to build my own. I was in dire need of a (good) double humbucker guitar in 24 3/4" scale for doing pickup demos and for myself of course.  :laughing7:

I saw one in the showcase that made me really want it, only it had a trem. So I needed to build up one. I also saw a neck that made me flip only it was a strat neck. So I copied both of them and put this concept together. "The Green Dragon".

Attachments

• Concept.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 620
That is one sexy beast, Ken.  As you know, I am a fan of green guitars, and am looking forward to hearing how your P90s sound in a green axe:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16742.msg248278#msg248278

TroubledTreble said:
Thanks Mark.

It's really early in the game but I will go ahead and pop a little on the build. I just (finally) ordered a VIP. Since Mark O would not tell me his address or leave his door unlocked for me to swing by and take his, I had to build my own. I was in dire need of a (good) double humbucker guitar in 24 3/4" scale for doing pickup demos and for myself of course.  :laughing7:

I saw one in the showcase that made me really want it, only it had a trem. So I needed to build up one. I also saw a neck that made me flip only it was a strat neck. So I copied both of them and put this concept together. "The Green Dragon".
Pssssst....I'll tell you where he lives.... :laughing7:

Plano... :icon_biggrin:

haha, that is correct, I give a new meaning to "the smoking Dutchman"
TT, you are always welcome!!!

Back