GAS Alert!!!!

Wana's made a guitar said:
Super Turbo Jack Ace Deluxe Custom said:
Yup, Silver Burst is all Gibson but this one's silver is most likely Fender's Inca Silver.  And Adam Jones' has the usual Gibson tear drop burst shape.  Part Fender, part Gibson, all Warmoth. :headbang:
Goes with his part mesa/part marshall/part deizel rig

I know this is the gas thread, but it can't really be hijacked.  Just wait 10 minutes and it will go back to paste links to the showcase thread.  Adam Jones's approach has always fascinated me.  After it was safe for him to do interviews, he said to change sounds, most guitarists change guitars but keep the same rigs and effects.  He prefers to stick with one guitar, albeit several identical guitars, and change rigs for different sounds.

Wana's made a guitar said:
Yup, Silver Burst is all Gibson but this one's silver is most likely Fender's Inca Silver.  And Adam Jones' has the usual Gibson tear drop burst shape.  Part Fender, part Gibson, all Warmoth. :headbang:
Goes with his part mesa/part marshall/part deizel rig

I know this is the gas thread, but it can't really be hijacked.  Just wait 10 minutes and it will go back to paste links to the showcase thread.  Adam Jones's approach has always fascinated me.  After it was safe for him to do interviews, he said to change sounds, most guitarists change guitars but keep the same rigs and effects.  He prefers to stick with one guitar, albeit several identical guitars, and change rigs for different sounds.
Humm, I prefer a base sound and different guitars. only time I change a a lot of base setup is when I pull out the 335, but then you are going from solid body to semi hollow.
I think with my different guitars I can vary my sound enough but still have MY SOUND enough with changing amp setups.
I do not try to sound like 30 different guitarist, I notice if Billy gibbons plays a cover he does not rest to sound like that guitarist, he plays it ZZ style. That in itself should tell you that you are either imitating, or leading. I prefer not to imitate.

Huh?  I was just referring to his philosophy.  Rather than change guitars for different sounds he changes everything but the guitar.  And as far leading or following, his admitted lack of dexterity has forced him to carve his own sound with bends and effects rather than licks.  If he were to ever cover anyone, it would most definitely sound like him.

It's been a long time since I had real G.A.S... It looks perfect for my 2008 tele body.
I wish it was VM/'59/10'' radius... :sad1:

TN4026A.jpg

TN4026B.jpg

Huh?  I was just referring to his philosophy.  Rather than change guitars for different sounds he changes everything but the guitar.  And as far leading or following, his admitted lack of dexterity has forced him to carve his own sound with bends and effects rather than licks.  If he were to ever cover anyone, it would most definitely sound like him.
Turbo, I was trying for a thread hijack by stirring the pot.

I told myself I wouldn't get another neck that needed a finish, but this one is tempting me like none other.
SN10779A.jpg

SN10779B.jpg

SN10779C.jpg

SN10779E.jpg

SN10779D.jpg

SN10779F.jpg

If you buy it, you must post pics!
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Path=Neck&i=SN10779

Current causes of GAS... (clickable)

Oh, and I'm actually getting one of these, probably next week:

...my Warmoth GAS will be fed at a later date, I'm still putting together a rig to feed the results to :icon_biggrin:

Jonesey said:
Rig before guitar? Interesting approach...  :laughing7:

You can make a mediocre guitar sound pretty awesome through a good amp/rig; but an awesome guitar through a ho-hum amp will almost invariably sound blah.  Which does not rule out sounding good through crappy gear, but ask Ry Cooder how he makes those crappy old Teiscos sound so nice...chances are it's the amplifiers.  Well, that, and the fact that he's RY COODER, duh.

Bagman67 said:
Jonesey said:

You can make a mediocre guitar sound pretty awesome through a good amp/rig; but an awesome guitar through a ho-hum amp will almost invariably sound blah.

Yeah. I mostly referring to all those poor folk who will shell out thousands on a new guitar, only to play it through the crappiest, fizziest of amplifiers.

I have a pretty decent guitar already so I'm covered there for the time being :)
All it needs right now is a vibrato bridge and a good bridge pickup, both of which upgrades I intend to achieve next week.

Jonesey said:
Bagman67 said:
Jonesey said:

You can make a mediocre guitar sound pretty awesome through a good amp/rig; but an awesome guitar through a ho-hum amp will almost invariably sound blah.

Yeah. I mostly referring to all those poor folk who will shell out thousands on a new guitar, only to play it through the crappiest, fizziest of amplifiers.
Hey, that's me!  :headbang:

Is there a production reason they cut so many of these for tremolo before they hit the showcase? Other than the body shape it's a blank slate, I can't imagine it would be that much harder to do a tremolo rout after a buyer specifies it. You can always rout more wood out but you can't do anything once it's gone.

Back