GAS Alert!!!!

Tobias The Warlock said:
First time poster, just stumbled across these forums.  I've had my eye on the Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Custom for a while now, and Guitar Center has it on sale for $599.  It may be time to buy.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-106070139-i1168180.gc

Hi, Tobias, and welcome aboard!

If you're after a very reasonably priced Les Paul, consider the Agile line at www.rondomusic.com - there are a number of Agile enthusiasts on this board, and the word on the street is that they are of equal or superior quality to anything Gibson is making right now, whether in the US or overseas with the Epiphone imprint.

Peace

Bagman

This did not last long on the showcase:

ps5925A.jpg

Hope it went to a good home :)

Agile seems to have a good eye for make subtle but tasteful variations on done-to-death ideas. i enjoyed perusing the rondomusic website

al3100natbird5.jpg

I've owned a Les Paul copy from them and know a few others who have as well, and I can tell you that their build quality is superb. For the Pauls, I'd stick to the AL-3000 series and up. At that point, they're superior to Gibson's LP Customs. I'm not exaggerating or kidding, and I've played a lot of "real" LPs. They are some damned fine instruments. If you covered the headstocks and gave a Gibson LP Custom and an Agile AL-3000 or AL-3100 to a die-hard Gibson fan and asked them to identify which was the Korean knock-off and which was the Gibson, they'd call the Agile a Gibson every time.

Silly sheep.

What's wild is you can have one for $400 or so in a matter of days, as opposed to $3,500 or so for the Gibson you may have to wait for. I mean, it's front-pocket money. If you ever felt like you'd enjoy having an LP around even though you don't particularly care for them, this is the way to do it. Bloody thing costs less than many Warmoth bodies that still need necks, hardware, electronics, and assembly, which are themselves far superior cost- and quality-wise to a Gibson.

The zebrawood is spectacular, but that birdseye has to be one of the top birdseye necks I've ever seen. I've seen a few here that were denser, but that one is just exquisite - nice coloration on it, perfect birdseye density, Just absolutely stunning.

partialdoctor said:
Damn that thing is amazing. My new strat has a Zebrawood top. And I'm looking for a neck. MUST. RESIST.

I'd have to see your top to be sure, but that neck might look way too busy on a zebrawood body.

I'm really glad that birdseye/zebrawood neck (http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=sn10647&Body=1&Path=Neck)
is fretted with plain ol 6150's, 'cause if they were SS it would be too tempting.

brodnew1.jpg

never in my right mind that I ever thought of drooling for a jackson,

but this ....

I need this BAD.

That birds-eye and zebrawood neck would look stunning on either a gloss black or black/brown/yellow sunburst start.

Hmmm... or maybe Lake Placid blue?

Kei said:
brodnew1.jpg

but this ....

I need this BAD.

That is a beautiful Jackson.  Where are you finding that geetar? 
:rock-on:

AutoBat said:
I'm really glad that birdseye/zebrawood neck (http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=sn10647&Body=1&Path=Neck)
is fretted with plain ol 6150's, 'cause if they were SS it would be too tempting.

The build to order price is only $15 more than the showcase price. If you really want it with SS frets it'd only cost you $35 more than that one...

DesmoDog said:
AutoBat said:

The build to order price is only $15 more than the showcase price. If you really want it with SS frets it'd only cost you $35 more than that one...
k258222_t203167_bateman%20ooooh.jpg

Oooooooh......

Black Dog said:
Kei said:
brodnew1.jpg

but this ....

I need this BAD.

That is a beautiful Jackson.  Where are you finding that geetar? 
:rock-on:

Its Chris Broderick's signature soloist.. I'm a vintage guy, but this guitar is just so awesome.

Back