GAS Alert!!!!

Tweed said:
Ahem.

pt2389c.jpg
This thing is awesome. Every tele should be set on fire. Looks like they put it out too soon though. :dontknow:  :headbang1:

I think all the Fried bodies have been ash so far (heh, ash... good joke). Would this work on other woods, like mahogany or quilted maple?

Not having tried it, I can't say for certain. But, my guess would be that it wouldn't show up as well, if at all. The darker grain lines in ash are from growth rings, which in some woods are softer, or at least less dense than the meat in between. So, it burns faster and easier. Makes it show up better, with more contrast. I don't know about mahogany, never having burned it, but I know maple burns slow and hot. You try to char that, and it's likely to just get darker overall. The baked necks I've seen have been pretty uniform in color.

An interesting experiment would be to take a piece of scrap [whatever] and a propane torch, and try to teach it a lesson about lookin' good. Wouldn't cost much, if anything, and we'd all learn something.

Edit: Don't forget to turn off your smoke detectors, or they'll bitch up a storm <grin>

Gone from the showcase as of 5 minutes ago  :glasses9:
5995158253_1576e42e30_z.jpg

5995158289_72f57a258b_z.jpg

GA/PF 59 roundback, 6100 frets, of course.  Always wanted to try a GA/PF neck.  Now I have one for my Zebra Tele.

crash said:
Gone from the showcase as of 5 minutes ago  :glasses9:
5995158253_1576e42e30_z.jpg

5995158289_72f57a258b_z.jpg

GA/PF 59 roundback, 6100 frets, of course.  Always wanted to try a GA/PF neck.  Now I have one for my Zebra Tele.

Hey that looks my one in the For Sale forum! (SHAMELESS PLUG)

Tonar, if you can do that, I've got a piece of quilt that's waiting for the right time  :icon_thumright:

Same here ... Gone 5 minutes ago  :icon_biggrin: .... Claimed !!

Perfect for my (to be revealed next strat)  :icon_thumright:

Gotta be quick  :toothy12:

Attachments

• SN10666A.jpg
    SN10666A.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 258
  • SN10666B.jpg
    SN10666B.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 254
Tonar, if you can do that, I've got a piece of quilt that's waiting for the right time
If you got a piece of quilt that is that fine I'm sure I could make it look pretty close to that.

This could be the nicest piece of spalted maple I've seen

Attachments

• spalt.png
    699 KB · Views: 410
Back