Four decades of Teles from parts.....and growing.

Well, somehow I was thinking the fretboard on the standard model was already butting up against the pickup ring so they had to have extended the neck some more b/c it looked like it was in the same place, but I just verified there was just enough room to extend the frets without moving anything. You are right...

Tele purists, any love for this ?

FanoAltDeFactoSP6_zps73bb8f88.jpg

It's good to see a builder coming out with a new twist on an old iconic Tele.  My good friend and fellow builder, who is really an artist by profession, gave his build a special treatment in embellishing the look and representation calling it a "Steampunk" Tele.

Steampunk%20Tele%201_zpsam2ffxc7.jpg

Steampunk%20Tele%204_zpstxf89fla.jpg

Steampunk%20Tele%2011_zpsd03simoz.jpg

We are going to collaborate on a next project code name : JukeJoint Tele.  The body will look like as if its made out of bare weather board, the pickguard like rusted corrugated roofing and all metal parts in reddish rust.  Watch this space.

That's steampunk done right I would say. It looks really good and I'm not normally a steampunk fan as it were.

Great craftsmanship. Well done.

What a great thread!  Just read through all five pages.  There are some great Teles in here, and I'm not typically a Tele fan.  Nicely done!  That Steampunk Tele is awesome.

BTW-what the heck is the textured 'crud' all over the steampunk? And doesn't that have an odd influence on the playing feel of the neck back? (If it's meant to be an unplayed piece of art, it's still
a stunningly beautiful bit of work!)

The treatment on the back of the neck is different from the rest of the body.  It looks as if its cruddy but actually smooth like sparkle finishing on some guitars.

Steampunk%20Tele%20neck%20back_zps548qld4y.jpg

Don't mean to hijack but speaking of steampunk Teles, have you all seen this one:

[youtube]nqDiHkqCdJs[/youtube]

3-D printed no less! :eek: More info here.

Yes, I've seen that. Very impressive.
Wonder what such an option would cost at Warmoth?  :laughing7:

Looking at this month's Guitar Of The month (April 2016), it reminds me of a similar build which I put together some 5 years ago using a Tele body hollowed out below the resonator coverplate and resonator cone while leaving a stem to mount the biscuit bridge with a piezo film underneath.  The neck pickup is a Seymour Duncan Lipstick Tube purely because it is housed in heavy chrome to match the resonator plate and tailpiece.  The sole control pot is a push-pull to choose between the piezo or the magnetic pickup and controls the volume at the same time.

Tele%20Resonator%202_zpsolxcoljg.jpg

Another baby to be commissioned from the Showcase chosen by an eagle-eyed customer.  A figured Redwood top on Mahogany body to be matched with an Ebony fretboard Rosewood neck.  This body was already routed for a tremolo which suited the customer and he wants P90 pickups to be installed.

warmoth%20Redwood%20Tele%20body%20-%20sold_zpswzur6aug.jpg

warmoth%20Redwood%20Tele%20body_zpspp897mbb.jpg

All hardware in :

1.  Tele body with Figured Redwood top and Mahogany core.
2.  Padouk Tele neck with Ebony fretboard.
3.  Schaller locking tuners.
4.  TV Jones TV Classic in P90 size for neck.
5.  TV Jones TV Classic Plus in P90 size for bridge.
6.  Wilkinson VWP6 tremolo.

Tele%20with%20P90%20size%20TV%20jones_zpswu1zd0ur.jpg

Currently waiting on decisions for wiring options......pondering, pondering.

Back