Floyd Rose Non-Fine Tuner Recessed rout... want one make it happen...

guitarman said:
Maybe we just have to mail floyd himself!! 😆

He's a bassist.

latest

:toothy11:

To be completely honest, I'm not sure how we proceed from here. This is a new approach for Warmoth. My guess is that each of you will need to place your order via a phone call.

I have sent an email to the big bosses, and we will formulate a plan in the next day or two. I will provide further instruction here soon.

Stay tuned...

guitarman said:
Would a mail be sufficient? I live in europe, so calling will be  somewhat harder.

I'm sure we will come up with something that works for everyone. I'll keep you posted.

double A said:
guitarman said:
Would a mail be sufficient? I live in europe, so calling will be  somewhat harder.

I'm sure we will come up with something that works for everyone. I'll keep you posted.

Excellent and thanks for all your help on this...  :icon_thumright:

OK, here is how we will proceed:
  • We are not going to take anybody's money at this time. We want to complete the R&D process first. This way, if any problems are discovered along the way, nobody is out any money (except us, which would suck).
  • We will be ordering this bridge: https://floydrose.com/collections/tremolos/products/frtnft?variant=6605134037019    It is what all our tests will be based off. Please confirm that this is the bridge in question.
  • To the five who have committed to this project: each of you please PM me your direct email address, so that I can communicate with you all directly in a group email. We aren't going to hash out details here on the forum. We want to be communicating directly with you. We are going to need to gather specific order info from each one of you before we can start, so please be thinking about exactly what you want to order. As soon as I have the five addresses I will send out the first email to get us going.
I want to reiterate two things before we start, to make sure that everyone's expectations are properly calibrated:
[list type=decimal]
[*]The R&D process will not be completed this week, or next week, or probably next month. It's a long process...months, probably. Please be aware that you are committing to this thing for the long haul.
[*]We are committing to the R&D expense in good faith. Once we announce we have completed it, we expect you to send us money right away.
[/list]

Err'body cool?

Let's get started!  :bananaguitar:

Hi DoubleA,

In the spirit of a wild adventure. Most excellent.

Understood on Warmoth wanting to do the R & D first and it may take a little while. But that is to everybody's benefit. It really is appreciated.

That is the bridge in question and available in various colors including chrome.

https://floydrose.com/collections/tremolos/products/frtnft?variant=29837633106

I forgot to add I believe the bridge comes with wood mounting screws, which whilst they may be retro I think it might be better to use mounting studs and inserts.

Will PM you right after this post.

Thanks all who are making this happen inside Warmoth and as customers supporting the effort.

The :band: of :turtle: s

I now have contact info from Zebra, Stratmania, and guitarman.
Waiting on two more before ordering the hardware.

If anyone else wants to be involved to ensure we maintain a minimum of 5 for this project. Post in this thread and send doubleA your details.

If you are already in the thread but have not sent your details in yet there is still time.

So just to discuss this bridge a bit; i found out abt it from the Guthrie Charvel video. So a locking nut is not needed with this bridge ? I always go with locking tuners though. On the bridge side, the strings lock like a regular floyd but there wont be any fine tuners ? How wide is the tremolo play on these ?
I'll be honest.....looks sexy and if it works without a locking nut, then wow!!
:headbang4: :headbang5 :headbanging:

faisalbaig said:
So just to discuss this bridge a bit; i found out abt it from the Guthrie Charvel video. So a locking nut is not needed with this bridge ? I always go with locking tuners though. On the bridge side, the strings lock like a regular floyd but there wont be any fine tuners ? How wide is the tremolo play on these ?
I'll be honest.....looks sexy and if it works without a locking nut, then wow!!
:headbang4: :headbang5 :headbanging:

Thanks for joining in...

Nowadays it is used without a locking nut but with locking tuners. Couple it with a well-cut and lubed nut and you are in business.

The strings lock in the same way as the fine tuner Floyd.

Not sure what you mean by the width of tremolo play. But if I have interpreted it correctly it is as responsive as any other Floyd Rose you may be familiar with and slop free if the arm is set up correctly.

The arm is like on the older Floyds, but it will upgrade easily to a push in arm.

https://floydrose.com/collections/upgrades/products/frtapi?variant=29837630290

A headstock designed with straight pull over the nut to the tuning posts is ideal too.
Some splay off to the side ever so slightly like the Warmoth 3x3 headstock, but the best tuning design is dead straight to the post.

Doing a headstock like this with locking tuners and a LSR nut can be absolutely wonderful.

Back