Flame Korina L5S inbound....

Body arrived today; pic doesn't show flaming very well; unfortunately I'm not sure how this is going to sound as I've gone all over minutely and there aren't any toneworm holes in it at all!!!! Start filling the grain tonight...

l5s.jpg

unfortunately I'm not sure how this is going to sound as I've gone all over minutely and there aren't any toneworm holes in it at all!!!!

send it back jack! :glasses10:

the showcase pictures look different.  Maybe they did that thing where they say 'top shown wet to reveal figure', or something.  Anyway, looks great.  Are they shipping the neck separately?

Yes, the Showcase pic was slathered with mineral spirits or whatever else they use to "show top wet...". Took me a couple of days to make up my mind on the neck; should be here Monday

Sweet, sweet, sweet!
I'm sold on the black korina, my next build will definitely use that wood.
How does the L5S compare in size to a LP? It looks a lot wider.

"How does the L5S compare in size to a LP? It looks a lot wider."

It's a good size wider, but being hollow just weighs a hair over 3 lbs. Nice ring when you knock on it; have first coat of grain fill drying, will stain the back a lot darker than natural, but leave top as is,,,,

Neck came in today; but can't get a decent pic of it; they all come out darker than it really is; pics from Showcase above representative; now if I just had some time to work on this...

Back