First Warmoth Project

Blind Prophet

Like many others, I've been a long time lurker but this is my first post. It all started when I decided to refinish an old Squier for fun. After doing a couple similar projects I got an idea. My wife is an amazing artist, www.archerartworks.com, (sorry for the shameless plug) she paints on wood. Guitars are made of wood. Hopefully you see where I'm going with this. We did a ton of testing and experiments with finishes and found a way to finish over her original oil paintings on guitars keeping the glass-like shine.

Since we do not have the facilities or tools to make bodies from scratch, we decided to try Warmoth bodies and necks and so far I have been more than pleased. I came across Warmoth a couple years ago and heard great things about the quality of their work but I just never pulled the trigger on anything.

So, not to be too long winded I'll attach a picture of the first collaboration we did (a non-Warmoth Les Paul kit) so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about and a couple pics of the new Warmoth body we are using for this next project. The Warmoth is an alder body with quilted maple top. It will have my wife's artwork on the top and a birdseye neck with ebony fretboard. I'll post the pics of the painting soon, don't have any on the computer yet.

Attachments

• IMG_8280.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_8525.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_8518.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 327
Nice artwork on the Les Paul.  Looking forward to see what you do with that strat.

:kewlpics:

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more.

Nice work on the LP.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the new project.  You may have just opened up a new market for your wife.

Wow that looks great! I really like your wife's artwork. I got a Alice in Wonderland vibe from a few of them, which I love.

Back