First Ever Warmoth Project - Progress Made....

Thanks Db.

I am going to sand down simply to flatten out like Cagey suggested and I think I will then go down the Tru-oil path. I used tru-oil on the neck and the results are really nice (I will post pics later). I think I can see no as well by some people use it as a sealer as well due to the way it dries to an almost laquer finish.

Thanks again everyone for the advice. It's appreciated.

So...I'm still here :-D

Busy as heck, but still here. Sorry for not being able to be on in a few weeks, but I will soon post some updates on this project but more importantly, I will enjoy speaking to all of you again :)

Another update for this project.

Body is now ready after I mixed some oil colouring with the Tung Oil. I used yellow and results are quite nice giving it a vintagy look.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

Its good to be back (again). I really miseed this place. :)

Just letting you know you're not posting to yourself.  I'll be doing a finish job within the next month or so, and I'm interested to follow your progress.

Thanks bluetalon

Sorry everyone for another delay. The day I was suppose to put the guitar together, I was hit with a bad case of flu with tonsillitis so I was bedridden for while.

I will definitely be finishing this now tomorrow and update as soon as its done! Only hours to go!

:)

So today I managed to:

1. Install Locking Schaller Tuners
2. Install string ferrules and bridge
3. Start the wiring

I had to redrill for the bridge as the hardtail I got had a different positioning of the screws meaning I filled the warmoth-drilled holes with a dowel and filler. Worked just fine and can not be seen unless the bridge is removed.

Body is where I like it now with that natural vintage yellowing and distressed look. The neck has been Tru-oiled then sanded to my liking where its not sticky or too slippery.

I will also get black covers for those Lollar Blackface single coils.

I had to once again stop here today as I realised I have lost the jack meaning I cant finish the wiring until next week. Also I find that the standard pup screws are way too short for a non pickguard loaded guitar. I will have to source some extra long ones with spring load. Unless anyone else have any other good suggestion?

Anyway here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    773.7 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 301
Back