First Build - Strat style

SonoranST

I recently purchased a Warmoth body and neck for my first guitar build.  The body is a standard Strat in roasted swamp ash, the neck is vintage/modern in goncalo alves and zircote.

Attachments

• PC1.jpg
    PC1.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 315
  • PC2.jpg
    PC2.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 235
Thanks.

I’ll be starting a post in the A Work In Progress sub forum later today hopefully.  I had planned to join the forum earlier but things got in the way, the build is pretty much complete so I’m playing catch up.

YA BOOBAY, i spy a goncalo alves neck! :D When I was about 11 years old, i read that time slows down as you approach teh speed of light so i constructed a rudimentary time machine by attaching my father's portable generator to the back of my mini bike and attching the drive belt to the back wheel. Unfortunately instead of traveling through time and finding myself in the distant future, I traveled about 100 feet along the sidewalk at 90 mph (miles per hour) and found myself into a not-so-distant bush. the nurse at the hospital asked my dad what the cause of the accident was and I yelled 'time travel attempt' but he just shook his head and said 'stupidity', which she then wrote down.

Anyway, i was lucky it was just a bush cause it was a tree, especially a super dense tree like Goncalo alves, I might've been dead. it's a great neck wood (i have one) but it's probably not fun for kids to slam into down in brazil or wherever (i'm not a geologist) when they're playing outside. i had to get stitches on my forehead and my rear end (the butt part of the body) was scraped up along with my legs.

I am curious how the LSR nut is going to work out for u! have you used one before?

Congrats!  It's a really fun and gratifying road you're now driving on.  What kind of finish are planning?

That body has some beautiful grain in it. It'll really pop with the right finish. Looking forward to your progress.

BroccoliRob said:
...the nurse at the hospital asked my dad what the cause of the accident was and I yelled 'time travel attempt' but he just shook his head and said 'stupidity', which she then wrote down.
Sounds like my Dad...

For those wanting to see the progress of this out of the box the build thread is here.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31376.msg441311

Please cross link your threads folks  :icon_thumright:

Back