First build: RD

bob7point7 said:
Keep us posted on this one, it looks like a really cool project. I dig the RD guitar. I wish Warmoth would make a few of the more obscure Gibson shapes (I'm really jonesing for a non-reverse Firebird with a korina body and goncalo alves neck myself). I'm not comfortable enough with my woodworking skills to start with a blank yet, but Warmoth always seem to be adding stuff, so maybe they'll get around to a NR Firebird someday.

-Bob

Ok, some progress has been made. I´ve got today off from work and will try to route for the bridge-HB and sand the body ready for dye.
I have made a ton of mistakes here and there along the way. Will have to look at this as a learning project, but it´s still coming along quite nicely and I´m confident it will turn out playable when I´m done.
Dag5-3.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me from what I can see, only real area I see of possible issue is in the neck pocket area. You probably might want to trim off the excess above and below the pocket, kinda like this...
m577A.jpg

bob7point7 said:
Keep us posted on this one, it looks like a really cool project. I dig the RD guitar. I wish Warmoth would make a few of the more obscure Gibson shapes (I'm really jonesing for a non-reverse Firebird with a korina body and goncalo alves neck myself). I'm not comfortable enough with my woodworking skills to start with a blank yet, but Warmoth always seem to be adding stuff, so maybe they'll get around to a NR Firebird someday.

-Bob
I always like the Gibby Moderne.... :laughing7:
Moderne1.jpg

rapfohl09 said:
Thats looking pretty good to me :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys, and yes, I did trim down the areas around the neckpocket yesterday. Looks better now.
Spent around 6 hours sanding the bloody thing. Still not done, haha, but I knew it was coming.
Will post more photos when I get closer to the end!

Back