First build from Scratch.

Volitions Advocate

Disclaimer: No W parts were used in this build.

I've been working lately at developing a line of guitars to try my hand at being a builder.  It's been ages since I've built a Warmoth, but once everything calms down I might just try my hand at a Warmoth Bass 6, but we'll see.

In any case.  During lockdown my access to decent materials sucks, as does my budget for the proper tools, but my son turned 9 yesterday and he said he wanted a guitar.  So I build him one with what I had, and while the result is far less than perfect, I am very proud of it.  The neck is from my first electric guitar, and I only get to see my kids about 60 hours total every 2 week period, so this was probably the most special build I've ever done.

All the details are in the comments of each pic on Imgur, here is the link to the album.

https://imgur.com/a/OAc7DqZ

94144040_10157357137583613_7542565911601872896_o.jpg

That's glorious.  Congrats on one of the most meaningful guitar thingies you will ever experience. Your boy's a lucky one indeed.  Great work.

Well done Sir, Well done. Your son will remember this I assure you. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Awesome!!!!!  Really cool.  Love the modded headstock and the smile on your son's face!  Bravo!

Back