First Build! Finished P Bass ( quilted/maple body & roasted maple neck)

Michaelc24

Hey all,
First off I just want to say this is my first Warmoth build, and I gotta say I'm very pleased with the finished product...
I had my luthier, Matt Shimala ( http://shimalaguitars.com ) do the assembly/setup which came out perfect. He builds some of the nicest acoustics around, and he takes care of all my setups and repairs.

I was a bit concerned at first going with an all Maple build, but its surprisingly very warm sounding...
Aside from a few small issues ( nut was slightly misaligned, color was not supposed to be a burst) There will definitely be more builds in the future, as I'm really pleased with the quality of the work warmoth does.

Specs are:
Maple Body
Quilted Maple Top (washed blue dye, cream binding)
Roasted Maple neck (gold 6150 frets, tusq xl nut)
(All Gold Hardware):
Gotoh 201 bridge
Schiller tuners
EMG PAX pickups/wiring
Custom made Maple knobs
Bridge & pickup covers
Custom shop decals/ neckplate
NYXL strings

And here are some photos:

IMG_0256_zpsixsdeb1y.jpg

image_zpss8libyhu.jpeg

image_zpsstqkego9.jpeg

image_zpsstqkego9.jpeg

IMG_0268_zps4rexc60h.jpg

image_zpshjthercf.jpeg

image_zpsgiizmnwh.jpeg

IMG_0309_zpsszli6wsu.jpg

IMG_0319_zpsq45chg4i.jpg

IMG_0314_zps91rlhbap.jpg

IMG_0315_zpswxzd0bya.jpg

IMG_0318_zps9xmbogop.jpg

IMG_0316_zpswr7urgsh.jpg

IMG_0312_zpssg2m6x89.jpg

IMG_0311_zpshcoifvqu.jpg

IMG_0313_zpsxjdojtf7.jpg

Very nice. Exquisite in fact.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

But ...
why put the VW Beetle sticker on this Ferrari? :laughing7:

VERY beautiful. Simple and elegant. Love the color, which looks especially good with the natural back.

Logrinn said:
Very nice. Exquisite in fact.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

But ...
why put the VW Beetle sticker on this Ferrari? :laughing7:

Almost exactly what I was going to post, but I was gonna use Ford and Lamborghini <grin>

Fender wishes they made basses that nice.

Very nice!

There may still be time to enter in the this month's GOM, which would make an already difficult choice downright impossible. :laughing7:

Thanks for all the kind words!
As for the fender decals....I was back and forth for a while on what to do. I even had some custom decals made, but once I saw the custom shop neckplate I loved it so much I just decided to carry that theme. At least it will be an easy change if I ever decide to remove the water slide decals as there is no finish over them.
I'm also gonna try to enter for the GOM, just looked and there are some great entries!

Michaelc24 said:
Thanks for all the kind words!
As for the fender decals....I was back and forth for a while on what to do. I even had some custom decals made, but once I saw the custom shop neckplate I loved it so much I just decided to carry that theme. At least it will be an easy change if I ever decide to remove the water slide decals as there is no finish over them.
I'm also gonna try to enter for the GOM, just looked and there are some great entries!

Go for it! Enter it for GOM, I mean. You have a good chance with that bass I reckon, even though the competition is stiff.

I had the knobs made by ArchipelagoGlass, An artist from Etsy.com. He does a ton of different custom knobs in various woods/metals/glass. He usually has a good amount of stock in his store, but you can contact him and get something more customized to your particular guitar/bass which is what I did! They came out great, very smooth and was a perfect fit.

Back