Fireball strat has arrived

Cagey said:
Firebird said:
They did a heck of a job.  It's glorious.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - few things are quite as satisfying as opening boxes from Warmoth.

I'm gonna have to agree with this statement.  I just couldn't wait to get my body and neck, and when they came, I thought for sure I was going to be blown away by the body, and while I was, the neck was what did it for me.  Unfortunately, I opened the neck, first.  It woulda been nice to save the best for last.

When I opened the neck, I was seriously speechless; my jaw must've hit the floor.  I took a look at it, and was just like..."Wow...I can't believe this is a guitar neck!"  Quite honestly, it looked like a very expensive piece of art that my wife would have picked up at a craft fair, or somewhere.  It was just...WOW.

BlueFirebird said:
I thought I would give this thread one last update just so the body as a whole can be seen as a before and after.  I will try to take better pictures when it is completely finished, but some of the ones I have are either bad light, good light bad reflection, etc.  The entire project lives at: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=14224.0 , and will be moved to the strat thread with sound clips in a few weeks.

5458984645_d96051a5ee.jpg

5459594106_8a23a146cd_b.jpg

5458987061_7aa10bfb3f.jpg

5458988733_548e8713a1_b.jpg

5458989475_8357e7fbba.jpg

5459591616_9a99acc010_b.jpg

I simply just LOVE this.  Who did the engraving on the neck plate?  I had my sig engraved on mine, and it turned out totally crappy.  Incredible attention to detail, all the way around...

Thank you very much.  It was so long ago I forgot the name of the guy's company. :doh:  I tried to do a search, but I see a ton more engravers and I don't see his site.  He owns a business in Canada, and does signs as well as engraving for guitars.  All I had to do is upload him the picture, and he did the rest.  Aha, it's absolutesigns.ca and the job was only $36.

BlueFirebird said:
Thank you very much.  It was so long ago I forgot the name of the guy's company. :doh:  I tried to do a search, but I see a ton more engravers and I don't see his site.  He owns a business in Canada, and does signs as well as engraving for guitars.  All I had to do is upload him the picture, and he did the rest.  Aha, it's absolutesigns.ca and the job was only $36.

Wow, thanks for the info.  I paid about $28 and got a really crap job.  :tard:

Torment Leaves Scars said:
BlueFirebird said:

Wow, thanks for the info.  I paid about $28 and got a really crap job.  :tard:
Here's a collection of the one's I've done, and I guarantee none of them are crappy.... :icon_biggrin:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

clewnii said:
This guitar is going to be awsome  :rock-on:

Holy M-A-L-L-A-R-D!!b :party07: :eek:ccasion14:
Like looking into the waters of the Carribbean/Hawaii!!!
Or the flowing blue/white hot fire of a Blue/White Phoenix!
Mesmerized for a minute there.
Nice, finish!
:kewlpics:

DustyCat said:
clewnii said:
This guitar is going to be awsome  :rock-on:

Holy M-A-C-K-A-R-E-L!!!b :party07:
Like looking into the waters of the Carribbean/Hawaii!!!
Or the flowing blue/white hot fire of a Phoenix!
Mesmerized for a minute there.
Nice, finish!
:kewlpics:

Thanks man, it does remind me of gentle blue water or a white/blue hot fire. (depends on how the light hits it)  I will just add this pic of the guitar when the sun hit it so you can really see the fire.
5492479229_5cd5a19d9e_z.jpg

BlueFirebird said:
Thanks man, it does remind me of gentle blue water or a white/blue hot fire. (depends on how the light hits it)  I will just add this pic of the guitar when the sun hit it so you can really see the fire.
5492479229_5cd5a19d9e_z.jpg

A classic theme.
Please do!
I've got a Canary/Gonçalo Alves neck myself and would like to see possibilities before I commit. :eek:ccasion14:

I regret to say that her both of her potential body matches have flown the coup. 1st choice was denied, and 2nd choice, which was going to be just as good, just got nabbed!
Argh!
And both birds could have made a matching squadron...oh well...

Without further ado, here is my pride and joy:
Pro-Angled Canary Core
Gonçalo Alves #435 Fingerboard
1 11/16" nut width
6100 Jumbos
Asymmetrical contour
Full Scallop
:rock-on:

Attachments

• IMG_20110521_084751-1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20110521_084905.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_20110521_084503.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 331
I'm a late commer to this thread, and hate to back up a bit, but no more earvana? WTF?  I think anyone here who has tried it is sold on it, I was realy looking forward to my next neck having the earvana retrofit( i guess it's not really a retrofit as it is installed from the getgo)

And By the way the axe looks awesome, I love the spiral colors on the back of the neck, and am a huge quilted maple fan.

Alfang said:
I'm a late commer to this thread, and hate to back up a bit, but no more earvana? WTF?  I think anyone here who has tried it is sold on it, I was realy looking forward to my next neck having the earvana retrofit( i guess it's not really a retrofit as it is installed from the getgo)

And By the way the axe looks awesome, I love the spiral colors on the back of the neck, and am a huge quilted maple fan.

+100000

The Earvana nut is pretty awesome.  I think I have grown too used to it, and need to pick my other electric up once in a while.  Chords are just so much clearer and powerful, and the guitar gets tuned once per use, which it is never far off.

BlueFirebird said:
Alfang said:

+100000

The Earvana nut is pretty awesome.  I think I have grown too used to it, and need to pick my other electric up once in a while.  Chords are just so much clearer and powerful, and the guitar gets tuned once per use, which it is never far off.

Dude! Earvana Nut is what it was supposed to be from the getgo. What is this guy talking about "No more earvana Nut? I just had one installed a few months ago!
Pretty awesome indeed!  :party07: :rock-on:

They got sued from Ernie's Balls for patent infringement, and Warmoth had to stop offering them.  I dunno what the latest status is on Earvanna, but as far as I know, they can't offer them anymore.  Maybe there was a deal made for Earvanna to share profits. :dontknow:

Unless you just want to buy straight from them: http://www.earvana.com/products.htm

Back