Fireball strat has arrived

Firebird211

It's finally here, and it looks sweet.  I am digging the feel of the goncallo alves, its smooth, but not slippery, perfect for my playing style.  The pau ferro fretboard feels good too, it's rougher than ebony, but smoother than rosewood, very cool.  All in all it's flawless and I am a very happy Warmoth Customer.  The stove is the best lit place in the house, unfortunately the digital camera doesn't pickup all of the color. Now I have some work to do.

5344563932_7d95cd30d1.jpg

5344564686_6f5fe7909a.jpg

5343954383_c0e98bc506.jpg

5344566132_b966187e5b.jpg

5343955957_031fabfefb.jpg

nice.  :icon_thumright: I wish to goodness they would do binding on headstocks, even if they have to make it cost an arm and a leg, I'd pay for it.  :sad1:

Thanks guys.  I love the binding transition on the neck, I didn't know how they were going to do it, but they did it well.  Even without a finish, the binding line is smooth as silk.  They did a heck of a job.  It's glorious.

Firebird said:
They did a heck of a job.  It's glorious.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - few things are quite as satisfying as opening boxes from Warmoth.

Earvana nut, one of the last. I hear they won't be offering it no more.

Way cool guitar

That binding is smooth, really makes the finish pop. Chrome hardware? What color pickguard?  :guitaristgif:

Love that blue burst on a quilt top!  White pearl or blue shell pickguard would look awesome!

back2thefutre said:

Way cool guitar

I didn't know that.  What was the reason that they stopped offering it?  I'm glad I got one when I did then, I switched to the Earvana nut out of curiosity when they first started to offer them.  

back2thefutre said:

Way cool guitar

I was wondering why it wasn't a choice in the builders anymore...

But that is so beautiful, really.

what's the back finish? blue dye or burst? (I am assuming that it is satin finished), or is it some crazy raw smurfwood or somethin?  :icon_jokercolor:

The back is a burst, and it has this cool slight greenish tint, but it just looks blue when I take a picture. 
5344636201_5f9e917b0d.jpg

5344635417_18ddb52998.jpg

ah. the reflection of the foam in your second to last picture (first set of photos) makes it look textured, LOL

JaySwear said:
i always say i'm not a fan of quilted maple, then a guitar like this tries to change my mind!
You must be a man of tastes. I'm not fond of quilted maple, until you get to a piece like this, where it has tubular quilting.

Back