Fender "None More Black" Stratocaster

bigguspickus

They made 250 of these back in '06 I believe.

229485.jpg

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-NoneMoreBlack-Stratocaster?sku=511982

How much more black could it be? Well... the tuners, the bridge, the jackplate, all the screws... I do like the dot-less fretboard, though.

Some of Fender's Contemporary Strats from the 80s were blacker, but they still had dots.

nice.... I'm a big black fan as well (as they say it does go with everything). I wonder how ebony fingerboard and black hardware would look?

Biggus Pickus said:
Well... the tuners, the bridge, the jackplate, all the screws...

..the strap buttons, the tremolo arm, the nut, the knobs (text), the fretwire, the pole pieces, the strings ??.
They really haven't tried have they  :laughing7:

Panthur said:
Biggus Pickus said:
Well... the tuners, the bridge, the jackplate, all the screws...

..the strap buttons, the tremolo arm, the nut, the knobs (text), the fretwire, the pole pieces, the strings ??.
They really haven't tried have they  :laughing7:

Was gunna type something similar but you beat me to it. Using Warmoth parts we could do a blacker guitar.  :icon_thumright:

nexrex said:
nice.... I'm a big black fan as well (as they say it does go with everything). I wonder how ebony fingerboard and black hardware would look?
This one's a little more black...

Don't forget the black jack plate, bridge, knobs, and pickguard screws. I've actually thought about changing out my pickguard screw even though my hardware is all chrome, the chrome screws on  black pickguard kinda jump out at me. EMG's so the pole pieces don't show and top it all off with some DR black strings, and you'll have one difficult to photograph guitar.

swarfrat said:
Don't forget the black jack plate, bridge, knobs, and pickguard screws. I've actually thought about changing out my pickguard screw even though my hardware is all chrome, the chrome screws on  black pickguard kinda jump out at me. EMG's so the pole pieces don't show and top it all off with some DR black strings, and you'll have one difficult to photograph guitar.
Ya know, I've been thinking about getting a Strat recently... and that sounds really appealing to me...

get a black earvana nut, black pickguard screws, emgs, I mean there's just a ton more room for black going on here

I've been looking at doing a cheap(er) Strat project soon... I'm thinking this might be the way to go.  Will Warmoth do a flat black finish on a neck/headstock?

You'll be needing these..

477MB.gif

To be honest I think the only real struggle would be getting black fretwire. Everything else is readily available.

Yeah, as far as I can tell they don't exist.  Oh well, stainless frets wouldn't be horrible.  Then you could at least still tell it's a guitar  :toothy12:

DR makes black strings too, I didn't care for them too much, but they're out there.

So, black hardware, black strings, tuners etc.

But what about the frets then? I know! Fretless! Completely black guitar here we come  :hello2:

Nice I like it alot. This would be the kind of guitar Darth Vader or a Sith would play. Dark and ominous.

Don't forget the black strap buttons.     :evil4:

you know... If a Fretless Neck was side Dotted on every place a fret would have been.

I'd play that.

also, If I don't do an Iceman, I've decided to do a mahogany/humbucker/hardtail Strat. blacker then the blackest blackness.

EDIT______________

my inspiration... the Jim Root Strat.

hating the CBS I am...

70617_l.jpg

AGWAN said:
you know... If a Fretless Neck was side Dotted on every place a fret would have been.

I'd play that.

I have actually seen a fretless bass (think the guy fram Racer X plays it) and it actually has painted stripes on the back of the neck where the frets would be.

AGWAN said:
If I don't do an Iceman, I've decided to do a mahogany/humbucker/hardtail Strat. blacker then the blackest blackness.

I've been thinking of doing the exact same thing, and I happen to have a Warmoth hardtail mahogany Strat body on hand, as well as an ebony on maple neck. I could paint the maple the same black as the body, sorta like what Gibson does with their black Les Pauls. But, everybody I've mentioned that plan to has nearly belted me one for daring to cover up such a beautiful piece of mahogany. It does look nice, but it is just mahogany. It's not like I'm covering up quilted maple or curly koa or something. So, I don't know. If everyone's gonna bitch at me every time I take the thing out, it'll ruin part of the fun.

nexrex said:
AGWAN said:

I'd play that.

I have actually seen a fretless bass (think the guy fram Racer X plays it) and it actually has painted stripes on the back of the neck where the frets would be.

Warmoth do do freless bass fretboards, with the frets marked with a lighter coloured wood....very similar to what you just described.

The thing I found though, playing a fretless bas the one and only time I tried, is that you have to adjust your technique.

Guitar players (and bass players used to playing fretted bass guitars)  are used to placing their fingers just behind the frets. Without frets, you have to place the finger right on the spot where the intonation of the note should be or else it sounds off key.

Back