February Submissions - Guitar of the Month Contest (7 entries)

GOM

Greetings,

I'm pleased to announce the February, 2011 Guitar of the Month contest.  February's contest will be for "Owner Finished" instruments.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent to uwfgom@gmail.com - two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.   In turn, those images will posted to this message, which is February's submission thread.  Submissions will be accepted from the 1st through the 7th of February, so get your cameras clicking!   All discussion for the submissions can take place below, along with other pictures hosted by the poster.  

Good luck, and may the best guitar win!

Guitar #1 - by Ardie

ronsantos2.jpg

RonSantos1.jpg

Owners specs
Body:
POPLAR
DIY American Wallnut stain Finish (finish by me)
Tung Oil Clear finish (finish by me)

Neck:
Vintage modern
Maple/Rosewood
DIY Vintage Finish (finish by me)
Standard Thin
6105 frets
LSR Nut (Installed and slot done by me)

Hardware:
Wilkinson Vintage bridge
Wilkinson tuners
DIY aged white Pickguard (finish by me)

Fender LSR nut
Pickups:
Fender Noiseless Pickup
Fender Pot

Guitar #2: by SpiderDeluxe

stevefaletto2.jpg

stevefaletto1.jpg

Owners specs:
Body:
Indian Rosewood Semi-Hollow Thinlinnie
Maple Sandwiched between body/top and back pieces
Tung Oil (finish by me)
Finishing Wax final coat

Neck:
Vintage modern
One Piece Rosewoood
Maple skunk stripe
No Finish
Standard Thin
6105 frets
White TUSQ nut

Hardware:
Schalller mini locking tuners
String-Thru Tele Bridge
Stacked Tone/Vol knobs for blending in middle position
Reversed control plate
Straplocks
Electrosocket

Pickups:
Neck: Lollar Charlie Christian for Humbucker Route
Bridge:  Lollar Charlie Christian for Tele Bridge
RWRP for hum canceling in middle position

Guitar #3: by Bob7Point7

bobbieburke1.jpg

bobbieburke2.jpg

Owners specs:
Body:
Alder G4 short scale
Woodburned image
Tru-Oil finish

Neck:
32" bubinga/bubinga Warhead
Abalone inlays
SS6115 frets
Graph Tech Black TUSQ Nut

Hardware:
Leo Quann Badass Bass III bridge
Schaller BML Lite tuners
DangerousR6 neck plate

Pickups/Electronics:
Seymour Duncan alnico Music Man pickup
Seymour Duncan Hot Stack for Jazz neck pickup
Seymour Duncan 3 band preamp for Music Man
5 way rotary pickup selector

Guitar #4: by Danuda

danvanstensel1.jpg

danvanstensel2.jpg

Owners specs:
Body:
Poplar telecaster body
multi-tone lacquer finish (Dupli-color and Deft)

Neck:
Warmoth pro tele neck
Maple neck
Laquer finish (Deft)
Standard Thin
6105 frets
White TUSQ nut

Hardware:
Planet Wave locking tuners
Schaller 475 Bridge

Pickups:
Neck: SD Phat Cat
Bridge:  SD Phat Cat
3 way blade switch

Guitar #5: by Marko

marko2.jpg

marko1.jpg

Body:
Hollow Korina Strat
Rosewood top
Danish oil and Wax Finish

Neck:
Indian Rosewood Neck
Ebony FB
Graphtech Nut

Hardware:
Planet Waves Auto trim Tuners
GFS WIlkinson Bridge

Pickups:
Tonerider Rocksong set
1 Vol
1 Blend (N+B)

Guitar #6: by Marty Goats

GMGauthier1.jpg

GMGauthier2.jpg

Owners Specs:
Homemade one-piece 7/8ths Padouk body built and finished by myself with a Warmoth Canary neck (25.5").
Standard thin with SS6105.
Pickups are all SD with a vintage in neck, custom neck in middle and P-Rails hot in bridge.
Homebrew Ebony tone bar as string ferrule in back.

6 way rotary chosing Neck, Middle, Bridge p90, Neck + Bridge p90 in series, neck + bridge p90 in parallel, Neck + middle + bridge p90 in series; and a push pull volume pot that adds the rail to any of the combinations above for a little added punch.

Guitar #7: by HRC51

adamrompage1.jpg

adamrompage2.jpg

Warmoth Body:
Carved top Soloist
Mahogany back, Koa top

Warmoth Neck:
Flame maple
Jet black ebony fretboard with stainless frets

Owner finished with Tru-oil, owner assembled

Pickups: Bare Knuckle Aftermath

Yeah, the Tele also wins for me. solely based on the fact that I want to play with it.

Looks like Danuda's checkerboard silver Tele is finally showing up for the fight - his is the axe to beat, in my book, with the Koi bass bringing up a close second.  But all of these are beauties.

Bagman

bagman67 said:
Looks like Danuda's checkerboard silver Tele is finally showing up for the fight - his is the axe to beat, in my book, with the Koi bass bringing up a close second.  But all of these are beauties.

Bagman

I'm going to chose to ignore that.

Should I feel slighted at the fact that the title says 5 entries, and that mine is the 6th? Maybe it's a little bit of prediction...

I think I'm going to decide this one on the basis of all the freakin snow in the background! gimme the pool shots. Brrrr

Oh NO! Not this guitar you damn crazy dutch!!!! In deed you have too many beautifull guitars... be prepared for the horror of comunism :evil4:

The number of entries in the title was an 11th hour thought, after it was noticed that editing the submission post didn't flag anything as "new".  It was thought that the addition of a notation to show a new entry would be helpful.  Please understand that the notation is manually changed.... errors there are an oversight, and do not in any way reflect the suitability of any instrument(s), neither pro nor con,  for winning the current conest.

GOM said:
The number of entries in the title was an 11th hour thought, after it was noticed that editing the submission post didn't flag anything as "new".  It was thought that the addition of a notation to show a new entry would be helpful.  Please understand that the notation is manually changed.... errors there are an oversight, and do not in any way reflect the suitability of any instrument(s), neither pro nor con,  for winning the current conest.

Wow... You're more worried about this than I am - I actually have a sense of humor! Just looking at the competition this month, I've got a feeling no goats will be wearing crowns in February.

Back