fav. strat player

sundin4prez

so who is your fav, strat player. i am just sooooo interested in how many differnt people can play the same insterment but make them sound totaly differnt....i personaly have a thing for david gilmours strat playing......who do you like??? :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2:

Adrian Belew, the rest of them are stuck on repeat (sliiightly sweeping statement there, but still!). I also like The Edge's approach which focuses completely on the right guitar and sound for the song at hand.

But Belew is a giant to me, although I'm really a Les Paul player (Robert Fripp, Neil and again The Edge). It's cool how he's moved beyond being a stunt guitarist and become really accomplished both technically and musically - I guess all that time with Fripp has had some kind of effect!  :icon_thumright:

Jimi, of course
Adrian Belew
Rory Gallagher

Everyone else sounds terrible on a Strat!

Belew is super! I'd like to have a Belew-inspired Mustang some day.
Do you have his three latest "Side"s? As soon as I heard about those I knew I'd be waiting in line when each was released.

Jimi.
David Gilmour.
SRV on "Lenny" and "Scuttle Buttin.'"
Whichever one of the Strokes guys plays the Strat.

Hendrix
Clapton
and  Malmsteen.... just kidding hes a fat bastard. but he does get a hell of a sound!

I don't really listen to many guys that play the strat exclusively. I guess it would be either David Gilmour or Yngwie Malmsteen. Quite a bit of a difference there I know. :party07:

jimmy page......  :laughing7:   

Jerry The Rooster Jr. Cantrel.  he played more than just a strat but i think he still applies.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DL8tflpu9uU[/youtube]

its not a strat, but its a start.

you gotta listen to the solo.  he's one of if not the best alternative guitarists ever.

Wow! Jack I just listened to that music, is that really you on guitar?  sounds awesome, I love the sound dude.  could use a better mix , but it gets the point accross

Although the Easter Bunny sometimes impersonates me when jamming to avoid untoward requests for chocolate eggs, that is, in fact, moi...

Live mixes are tricky, think everyone else was on 10 and I was on 11, but I am sometimes dynamically challenged.

Wait, does this one count as a strat?

frankygroup.jpg

:toothy12:

ok so my list is:
                      Buddy
                      Jimi
                      Eric
                      Stevie
                      and ok Eddie

no yngwie please. ok he's fast. alot of people are fast. i like classical but his music is not my thing. i think paul gilbert and patricci are faster but they aren't strat players.

Tweed said:
Belew is super! I'd like to have a Belew-inspired Mustang some day.
Do you have his three latest "Side"s? As soon as I heard about those I knew I'd be waiting in line when each was released.

Nope, but I think I've heard bits and pieces. They're on the shopping list! - with the upcoming live Side 4 at the top  :toothy10:

I should probably add David Byrne here too, although he used a Mustang in the early years. No one seems to pay much attention to the fact that he's great at rhythm and is quite capable of doing solos as well. Too bad!

Vini Reilly of the Durutti column for me and I'm honestly not trying to pick somebody obscure on purpose: hes a genuine original.

And I'm not alone either. When I went to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Manchester a few years ago John Frusciante launched into an incredible effects laden solo at the end of Don't forget me, at the end he said to a completly stunned crowd "that guitar playing was inspired by one of the greatest guitarists of all time. Hes called Vini Reilly, he plays for the Durutti Column and he comes from this good city".

Couldn't have said it better myself John.  :icon_smile:

Back