fav. strat player

Hendrix, Knopfler, Gilmour.  Actually, I think most of my favourite guitarists have played Strats.  No wonder I like single-coils. 

Clapton probably got me started on the Stratocaster fetish.
Jeff Beck is my favorite guitarist and the reason I'll always want a White Strat with a Rosewood fingerboard.

But, someone that may not have been mentioned is Michael Gurley of Dada.  He is a true Strat player.  He uses every possible sound you can conjure from a Stratocaster.  Check out the "Puzzle" album.

And I have to second the earlier post of FIVE YEARS AGO, and agree that Sultans of Swing from the Alchemy Live album is as cheer-worthy a track as I've ever heard.  I still get goosebumps from that arrangement.

Warheart87 said:
and Gary Moore when he played Red House on some Fender celebration thingy. :party07:

That was a great rendition of Red House.....made me appreciate Gary Moore even more (no pun intended).

I'm taking this question to mean who do I think makes the most out of what a strat can do.
My favorite guitarist of all time is Hendrix and he definitely covered the entire range of a strats capabilities. I want to give Gilmour 2nd but he's altered the basic electronic configuration of the strat so I'm disqualifying him from this question. So Beck gets 2nd.  SRV is 3rd.

Showing my age I'll also mention some guys that can really work a strat I didn't see here.
Ron Wood, George Harrison, and a guy that basically introduced the rock 'n roll world to the strat sound IMHO, Buddy Holly.

xDave said:
Showing my age I'll also mention some guys that can really work a strat I didn't see here.
Ron Wood, George Harrison, and a guy that basically introduced the rock 'n roll world to the strat sound IMHO, Buddy Holly.

Ron Wood is a rockstar, he can out-drink and out-party guys 1/3 his age.

I'd probably have to say that Dave Gilmour is the epitome of a Strat player to me.
Adrian Smith is probably a close second. He's always been my favourite Maiden player, and an early inspiration.
Malmsteen sets new records for being a dick, but it's hard to deny his talent.

Kadmium said:
I'd probably have to say that Dave Gilmour is the epitome of a Strat player to me.
Adrian Smith is probably a close second. He's always been my favourite Maiden player, and an early inspiration.
Malmsteen sets new records for being a dick, but it's hard to deny his talent.

All great players with very different strat-styles.  :party07:

WOW, I thought I had responded to this old thread, but I guess not.
My 3 in no particular order

Jeff Beck
Robin Trower
David Gilmour

Alan Morse is such a weird strat player.. he plays with a lot of effects, uses the sustainer a lot and doesnt use a pick!
his solos are great though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XevtvJSJ250&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEx8wgqpcKE

"flow" is another favorite, so simple, but so powerfull!!

Back