fav. strat player

Dudes.....I'm surprised no-one mentioned Thomas Blug. A few years ago he was voted best Strat player in Europe by Fender. He endorses Hughes and Kettner amps and is part of their R&D since he is also into electronics. But I bought my Switchblade 100 because of the tones he produces.(Awesome amp). His main axe is a vintage '61 cream strat. Youtube him, I'm sure you will be impressed.

Janick Gers, If there is a guitar player that can make me loose focus on the bass playing of a song it is him, purely because of the mans god damn energy on stage and everything. Bloody amazing,

RISE MY PRETTY!!!!!!!! RISE!!!! but seriously didn't see this was a necropost, Oh well  :headbang1:

Everyone already mentioned plus.
Ronnie Earl
Otis Rush
Robert Cray
Chris Rea
Ritchie Blackmore

sundin4prez said:
so who is your fav, strat player. i am just sooooo interested in how many differnt people can play the same insterment but make them sound totaly differnt....i personaly have a thing for david gilmours strat playing......who do you like??? :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2:

Dave Prichard (RIP)- Armored Saint

Dave Murray- Iron Maiden

David Gilmour- Pink Floyd

Yeah, I guess there's a "Dave" thing going on there...  :icon_scratch:

Seems like the question is actually "who's your favorite guitar player?" because who hasn't played one at some point? It's only the most popular design extant. Even Gibson has made Strats from time to time.

To hard to pick just one .... So

anyone thats better than me  :laughing7:  ....... and thats a heeeeeeeeeeeell of a looooooooooooot of people  :icon_biggrin:

When I was 13-14 I listened to alot of punk, then one night I saw Stevie on the TV. I'm 24 now and his playing still blow me away!

My second favorite is Philip Sayce, check him out if you haven't! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0w5FXVlBM

Jimi and Knopfler is pretty alright too! Oh and Gary Moore when he played Red House on some Fender celebration thingy. :party07:

Cagey said:
Seems like the question is actually "who's your favorite guitar player?" because who hasn't played one at some point? It's only the most popular design extant. Even Gibson has made Strats from time to time.

Yeah, I recall from YEARS ago that a buddy of a buddy had an Epiphone "Strat."  Another guy I went to school with had a Kramer "Strat."

[size=8pt]The player on Robert Plant's 1st solo LP was Robbie Blunt.....and what
about Buddy Whittington? On the DVD of John Mayall's 70th birthday he plays so hot that you
can see Eric Clapton try to pretend he doesn't know Buddy's there,

Back