Fantasy Builds

(is it legal to post 3 times in a row in the same topic?? :icon_scratch:) ;)

ok, here is some of my list:

Hollow walnut strat, rear routed, f-holed
rosewood/rosewood neck..(or canary/canary.. can't decide)
3 x SC, hipshot trem

Flat top LP, Spruce Top, 1 or 2 HB, flat hardtail bridge
Bloodwood/Ebony Warmoth Neck

Late 50's/Early 60's Strat Replica
with crazy birdseye neck and custom color..

Carved Top Soloist, natural binding, tobacco burst on Flame maple. (Pensa Suhr inspired)
Warhead neck Ziricote/Ziricote

Also still thinking about an all Rosewood Strat.. and much more crazy things... I will probably keep changing and adding to this list for the rest of my life :)

> is it legal to post 3 times in a row in the same topic??

Yes. As long as you let the rest of us in on what

"Bwittisg cousin"

means.

I spent the first 10 years of my life in the military, I have a severe hatred of acronyms.

Sorry, tend to write Brittain as Bwittain without thinking.
I think it has something to do with Rick Mayall
check this (also includes Doctor House as Lord Monty - see the english topic)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj36uQ0De6I[/youtube]

Marko said:
jackthehack said:
"P90's in a SG isn't original! But I do love how they sound!"

Isn't orginal? You ever heard of an SG Special? No, wait, you're like 13? EVERYTHING was "before your time"...  Townsend's run the gamut Fenders -> SG Specials -> LPs -> back to Strats now; but the iconic view of him is in the white jumpsuit with a cherry SG Special....

What the hell is the extra knob for behind the trem????? ??? :icon_scratch:
:p I just found out what it was yesterday. It's been bugging me for a while. It's for his fishman bridge.

Max said:
If you were talking to me, yeah, I agree. They didn't copy anybody. This is just me thinking of a guitar that would look and sound cool.

It was to Mr Jimh  :icon_biggrin: He told that his fantasy Thinline would be very alike Marko's one (which is the delicious one!)

Although your crushed SG would be so freaking cool too, perhaps only a test with the cream and a pearloid pickguard to see which one match best!

Check it out, I'll lay it on ya

Hollowstrat black korina, vintage white back, zebrawood top, F HOLE

Vintage modern CBS wenge neck, purpleheart board + stripe, WOLFGANG back contour, compound radius fingerboard, simple cream inlays, EARVANA nut, metal warmoth decal, dangerous neckplate  :icon_tongue:

kinman pickups with K9 no soldering harness  avn56 neck (5.6 k)  avn69 mid (7.5 k)  hx85 bridge (9.5 k)    with left hand stagger  (lefties uNITE lol)
i think the incriments in output between the pickups is versatile and reasonable and would work greaty with the k9 harness

callaham trem with super short gilmour arm

and get THIS
HERE'S what ties all the colors and exotic woods together-

a MINT motif!

MINT pickguard
MINT pickups
MINT trem arm tip
MINT trem cover

blown away?  :guitaristgif:

i imagine it through a carvin amp
and a few effects
the POG, maybe some xotic boosters and whatnot, ehx deluxe stereo memory man, fulltone clyde deluxe wah, maybe a moog phaser or something

THE CONCEPT IS PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECT  :evil4:

aside from all the equipment
all that would be left to do is learn EVERYTHING
just become the guitar

:cool01:

what do YOU guys think?

My "Fantasy Build" list has at least 12 Warmoth part instruments in it!  I'll list my "top 5"...fair?

1. Sonic Blue Hardtail Stratocaster, Maple/Maple Warmoth Pro neck standard thin gloss finish, Duncan Custom Staggered (SSL-3) matched set pickups, standard Strat wiring, Gotoh Kluson-style tuners, chrome hardware, W/B/W pickguard.

2. Spectra Blue Esquire, Maple/Maple Warmoth Pro neck Boatneck gloss finish, Duncan Vintage '54 Tele Lead (STL-1) pickup, standard Esquire wiring (from Duncan website), Gotoh Kluson-style tuners, chrome hardware, W/B/W pickguard.

3. Candy Purple Custom Telecaster double-white bound, Maple/Maple Warmoth Pro neck standard thin gloss finish, Rio Grande Muy Grande Tele Set pickups, Gotoh Kluson-style tuners, chrome hardware, W/B/W pickguard.

4. Green Meanie/JEM Steve Vai tribute - Charger Green Stratocaster (HSH pickup and recessed Original Floyd Rose routes) Contoured heel, Warmoth Pro Jackson-style Wizard neck satin finish back gloss black headstock, DiMarzio Evolution pickup set (green), Schaller M-6 mini tuners, black hardware, W/B/W pickguard green controls, Original Floyd Rose tremolo (R4 nut).

5. Steve Lukather tribute - Blue burst Trans. Blue back Stratocaster (HSS pickup and recessed Original Floyd Rose routes) Curly maple on Alder, Warmoth Pro neck standard thin satin finished back quilted maple veneer matching headstock, EMG-SL20 pickup assembly, Schaller M-6 mini tuners, black hardware, Black gloss single-ply pickguard, Original Floyd Rose tremolo (R4 nut).

Of course there are also the "Vintage" Shell Pink Strat, the Sherwood Green Explorer, the Sparkle Blue "Steve Vai Crossroads-style" Charvel, the Candy Blue 1 pickup Charvel, the Candy Tangerine San Dimas Charvel, the Fretless Jazz Bass, and (never to happen) the Purple Mockingbird...

Too bad it all comes down to money I don't have...

Yeah, the money problem can be... problematic. As almost pointed out earlier, I'm 15, so money is not flowing yet :p

GearBoxTy said:
My "Fantasy Build" list has at least 12 Warmoth part instruments in it!  I'll list my "top 5"...fair?

1. Sonic Blue Hardtail Stratocaster, Maple/Maple Warmoth Pro neck standard thin gloss finish, Duncan Custom Staggered (SSL-3) matched set pickups, standard Strat wiring, Gotoh Kluson-style tuners, chrome hardware, W/B/W pickguard.

2. Spectra Blue Esquire, Maple/Maple Warmoth Pro neck Boatneck gloss finish, Duncan Vintage '54 Tele Lead (STL-1) pickup, standard Esquire wiring (from Duncan website), Gotoh Kluson-style tuners, chrome hardware, W/B/W pickguard.

3. Candy Purple Custom Telecaster double-white bound, Maple/Maple Warmoth Pro neck standard thin gloss finish, Rio Grande Muy Grande Tele Set pickups, Gotoh Kluson-style tuners, chrome hardware, W/B/W pickguard.

4. Green Meanie/JEM Steve Vai tribute - Charger Green Stratocaster (HSH pickup and recessed Original Floyd Rose routes) Contoured heel, Warmoth Pro Jackson-style Wizard neck satin finish back gloss black headstock, DiMarzio Evolution pickup set (green), Schaller M-6 mini tuners, black hardware, W/B/W pickguard green controls, Original Floyd Rose tremolo (R4 nut).

5. Steve Lukather tribute - Blue burst Trans. Blue back Stratocaster (HSS pickup and recessed Original Floyd Rose routes) Curly maple on Alder, Warmoth Pro neck standard thin satin finished back quilted maple veneer matching headstock, EMG-SL20 pickup assembly, Schaller M-6 mini tuners, black hardware, Black gloss single-ply pickguard, Original Floyd Rose tremolo (R4 nut).

Of course there are also the "Vintage" Shell Pink Strat, the Sherwood Green Explorer, the Sparkle Blue "Steve Vai Crossroads-style" Charvel, the Candy Blue 1 pickup Charvel, the Candy Tangerine San Dimas Charvel, the Fretless Jazz Bass, and (never to happen) the Purple Mockingbird...

Too bad it all comes down to money I don't have...

Dude, since the mockingbird is out of the question...

How'zabout consolidating your tele and strat offerings into two guitars?

Because I want different stuff on each Strat and Tele!  I firmly believe you can NEVER have too many guitars!!!  :guitaristgif:

imminentG said:
i imagine it through a carvin amp

that's where you lost me.
puke.gif

imminentG said:
some of the ugliest colors help each other SO damn well

the zebra ruins the party for me (i like the rest) -- but hey, it's your fantasy  :binkybaby:

ah, that's just a quick sloppy mock up i did in paint

i never bother to really photoshop guitars in depth
as bad is i'd want to
cuz that concept seems all too righteous to me

i'm more than pleased with the feedback

and for the record
if it wasnt for carvin
i woulda never known about warmoth,
so i give them credit with getting my brain wet to the idea of MAKING a guitar

anybody have any experience with those xotic pedals?

WHOOOOP me and schmoop aren't the youngest here anymore!!!!

lol

Personally I just want a shell pink strat with white drop top bindng and HSS PU configuation

CBS headstock, painted headstock, rosewood neck. SUCKAS!!!!!  :eek:ccasion14: :rock-on:

Another "Pending Reality" I'd like to create is a single hot P-90 LP junior. Very simple looking, maybe TV yellow. Fralin pickups. And just for fun, have another pickup hidden under the pickguard. Something with a high output.

Back