3220856528_5f73a2910e.jpg

This was inside the box
3220857402_1e9497e8c8.jpg

So I stuck all its parts on it, just for fun
3220006157_9d7cde560f.jpg

And introduced it to its older brother
3220858858_40f5dde962.jpg

More later, once I calm down.

There's gonna be a lot of "that's awesome!" comments in this thread, but - that's awesome! What's that neck it's getting?

that's awesome!!!
sorry kboman -- let me rephrase ........ THAT IS FRICKIN FANTASTIC!

I have looked for the double fhole before and only found it as an option for the L5S and the Strat.
was this a custom deal?

The wood P-90's are a nice touch as well.
I suppose the new tele will darken with clear?

James

Yes! Nice choices. That's gonna be sweet. Any clear finish should take most of the 'pink' out of the bubinga. As for darkening the sides and back...I think you're right, as cool as the 'two tone' look would be, it would match the top and neck better with a brown/red stain. You read the website more carefully than me, b/c I didn't even know the double F-hole was an option! Did they charge extra for that? Also, what is the pickup switching situation gonna be? This is another case where a 3-way toggle on the upper bout would look great. More pics of the neck!

Looking master-blaster-super-duper-awesome! :laughing7:

Just think the Bocote pickup cover would look cool, the variation of colors get good on some guitars! :)

Yay! Love the wood P90s. Can't wait to see a finish on there, too.

PS Where's the pickup switch??

Thanks Guys!  All y'all are too kind.

I'd seen Warmoth Thinlines wtih second F holes.  I too looked all over for a mention of the option.  Its not on the website for the extra F hole, you have to ask when you order.  An extra $15 for the second F hole, and they wont drill any control holes once you've made that decision.  I'm on my own there.  I'm looking into what its gonna take to get the three way on the upper bout.  I definitely plan on that one.  I was placing the knobs in position and I might end up only able to use one volume and one tone, just out of space concerns.  Just not as much room as I'd hoped for.  Oh well.  Not even gonna sweat it. 

The neck it made by Larry Karosa, who appears to be closed for a while, he's taken down his website and has a note posted on his ebay store, his son is in the hospital so he's focusing on that right now.  Can't blame him.  He's a one man opperation who builds them by hand, one at a time.  I have one on my trusty Thinline, and I'm mostly happy with it.  His stuff needs a little tweaking before its done, but for the money its still a steal.  Both necks I got from him are Goncalo Alves, the one for this guitar has Indian Rosewood as the fingerboard.  The one on my trusty Thinline is Marblewood.

3220011075_760d2c1d00.jpg

3220010297_b2eb0732f9.jpg

3220861602_cf2c3e8f11.jpg

3220860722_e4edb0f11a.jpg

If you're at all concerned about drilling the controls yourself, take it out to Josh at Mass St. Music in Lawrence

Thanks Jack, always looking for an excuse to drive to Lawrence.  I live in Shawnee, so its a mere 35 to 45 minutes depending on my mood.  But I'm fairly certian I can drill a hole!  Then again... I am a blonde sagitarius guitar player with ADHD, so perhaps I should consider having someone else do any, potentially damaging, work... 

Vol. Knob said:
Thanks Jack, always looking for an excuse to drive to Lawrence.  I live in Shawnee, so its a mere 35 to 45 minutes depending on my mood.  But I'm fairly certian I can drill a hole!  Then again... I am a blonde sagitarius guitar player with ADHD, so perhaps I should consider having someone else do any, potentially damaging, work... 

I can drill holes, and have in any number of occasions, but had him do all the work on the L5S below as it was already finished and didn't want to chance screwing it up myself:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6428.0

If you wanted an LP style toggle in the upper bout, that's a little tricky, but what's actually more dangerous is drilling the control holes around the 2nd f-hole. It's pretty easy to avoid drilling through the back, but there is the potential to crack the top around the f-hole if you don't use the right tools/technique. That's why Warmoth won't drill the holes or add a second f-hole to a body that's already got the top glued on.

That's badass V.K..... :headbang: I'm sure that's gonna kick some serious Ju Ju when it's done.... :icon_thumright:

I too had my wenge/ziricote neck for my spalted tele custom made by Doug Darling from SouleMate guitars. Except he leaves nothing undone, frets are leveled and dressed and polished..And he even used some leftover spalt from my top to do the veneer on the headstock.

DangerousR6 said:
I too had my wenge/ziricote neck for my spalted tele custom made by Doug Darling from SouleMate guitars. Except he leaves nothing undone, frets are leveled and dressed and polished..And he even used some leftover spalt from my top to do the veneer on the headstock.
Thanks for the kudos.  But....Uh...  No mine's not Soulmate, I went with Karosa.  Mind you, Soulmate has some killer necks.  I've drooled over their necks many a time.

Vol. Knob said:
DangerousR6 said:
Thanks for the kudos.  But....Uh...  No mine's not Soulmate, I went with Karosa.  Mind you, Soulmate has some killer necks.  I've drooled over their necks many a time.
Sorry dude, my bad. My fingers were moving faster than my brain. All I was trying to say was that I too had a neck custom made to my personal specs. Not that I had used the same person. :doh:

I'm actually from Missouri, I only live in Kansas.  A five minute drive from Missouri.  There's a good school district over here and I have quite a litter of kids.

I've already started working on the finish...  More later...

Vol. Knob said:
I'm actually from Missouri, I only live in Kansas.  A five minute drive from Missouri.  There's a good school district over here and I have quite a litter of kids.

I've already started working on the finish...  More later...
My youngest brother lives in Missery, he's a cop in St. Lewy...

And it sounds like you need to leave the wemmenz alone and play more in your jam room.... :icon_biggrin:

Back