Don't do Mushrooms!

line6man

Epic Member
Is all I've got to say. :dontknow:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1282647/US-cage-fighter-Jarrod-Wyatt-rips-training-partner-Taylor-Powells-heart.html#ixzz0pYS7wn3z

A U.S. cage fighter ripped out the heart of his training partner while he was still alive after becoming convinced he was possessed by the devil, it was alleged today.
Jarrod Wyatt also cut out Taylor Powell's tongue and ripped off most of his face in a brutal assault that police said looked like a scene from a horror film, officers said.
They claim they found the 26-year-old standing naked over his friend's body with parts, including an eyeball, strewn around the blood splattered room in Klamath, California.
Wyatt allegedly told police he had drunk a cup of tea spiked with hallucinogenic mushrooms and became convinced Powell was possessed.
According to an autopsy Powell, 21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out.
The coroner said Powell had been alive when the organ was ripped out after his chest had been sliced open with a knife.
Wyatt told the police he thrown the heart into a fire along with other organs that he had removed from the body, it was claimed.
He allegedly told investigators he cooked the body parts because he was fearful Powell was still alive and he ‘needed to stop the Devil’.
Police had been called to the grisly scene after a third friend had witnessed a sudden mood change in Wyatt after they had all ingested wild mushroom tea.
Justin Davis told police he returned to the flat to find Wyatt naked and covered from head to toe in blood.
He noticed an eyeball lying in the middle of the floor and saw Powell's mutilated body.
A lawyer representing Wyatt has claimed the wild mushrooms caused him to act in such a violent way and had not control over his actions.
‘My client was trying to silence the devil,’ said James Fallman.
‘I think he was having a psychotic fit based on the mushrooms he had.’
Wyatt has been charged with first degree murder and torture.
Prosecutors added the torture charge as Powell was still alive when his heart was removed.
article-0-09D2A2A1000005DC-134_233x316.jpg

That must have been some damn strong tea.  Just smoke weed, kids.  It's good for you and you won't tear out anyone's eyeball, guaranteed.

I'd think it would be on the news here, because it's fairly easy to get the whole impact without much exaggerating, if the source is to be trusted.

Patrick said:
i apologize for that comment

Removed my reply to your quote.

You've got nothing to apologize about, you can have your opinion, it's just that religious topics ALWAYS end in flame wars. ALWAYS!. :sad: :dontknow:

Wow, horrific. That hasn't exactly been my own experience, personally, though.....perhaps it has something to with the psyches of cage fighters as well?

I'm not going to condone doing drugs here, but I don't give a rat's ass what you have ingested, if you display this type of behavior, it is not the drugs that made you do it.  You are a warped human to begin with. 

jackthehack said:
More likely the steroids they all take than mushrooms....

agreed. I've NEVER heard of somebody on mushrooms acting violent before

Last time I ripped out somebody's heart and eyeballs, it 'twas the Twinkies made me do it....  :eek:

...or was it the pesticides in me Granny Smiths? :icon_scratch:

Mushrooms can really freak people out... but yes, he must have been unstable to begin with, and it seems very likely he was on something else too, like meth or PCP.

He doesn't exactly look like Mr Reliable on the mugshot... I wouldn't trust anyone who does any kind of drugs.

kboman said:
I wouldn't trust anyone who does any kind of drugs.

That's absurd.  Do you ever smoke?  Ever drink alcohol?  Ever drink caffeine?  Ever take prescription medication?  Then you "do drugs."

Does anyone in your family do any of those things?  I assume that you don't trust them, in that case.

Or do you keep a list of drugs that are OK with you?

A lot of my friends I had when I was a teenager did all kinds of drugs... I can tell you from experience that some people can react violently to those drugs, even mush. I've never seen something that extreme of course though :tard:

With "drugs", I mean "narcotics" in which I arbitrarily include mushrooms.

I drink coffee (but I'm picky) and tea (very picky) daily, so that's some caffeine. On occasion I have a beer (one) or some wine (one glass). I have never touched a cigarette in my life except for that time a friend put one out on my arm.

So I guess I have some kind of list, yes. Why not? I avoid heavy drinkers and would immediately stop associating with someone who used other stuff. I don't see the point of it and I don't want it in my life. Forum people... eh, I don't mind it so much here because the forum is not an immediate part of my life in the same way.

dNA said:
Mushrooms /= Narcotics

well people have been labeling all illegal drugs as "narcotics" for many years now. They even include marijuana in the list of narcotics. It's just a way to lump them all in together and make them sort of equal, when nothing could be further from the truth.

GoDrex said:
dNA said:
Mushrooms /= Narcotics

well people have been labeling all illegal drugs as "narcotics" for many years now. They even include marijuana in the list of narcotics. It's just a way to lump them all in together and make them sort of equal, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Legalize marijuana please :hello2:

But that's reaching into political opinions so I think I'll stop here.

jackthehack said:
More likely the steroids they all take than mushrooms....

^ what he said.

As a few-times shroom eater (waaay back in the day), I gotta say solely blaming shrooms
on his behavior is incorrect.*

And as far as the whole "caffiene/nicotine are drugs too" argument, sorry, but I never hallucinated
nor had motor skills impaired while drinking Mountain Dew or smoking a cig/having a chaw.

And if we legalize pot, I mean come on - the whole nation will be full of guys who just want to
lounge around all day, watch movies and eat your snacks... nothing will get done.

*caveat:  there's always the possibility that he took too much - 1 gram is a safe start, over that
and you're entering hallucination-zone.  Who knows? this guy might've ate a whole bowl of 'em
like they was pizza rolls or something.

Back