Designing a Tele Bridge - looking for suggestions

bob7point7

So I've been planning an overhaul of a Warmoth Tele for a while now. I ordered parts this week and immediately ran into issues. I got a bridge plate from Guitar Parts Global to fit a Duncan mini humbucker. It was supposed to work with 3 or 6 saddles (I am using Graphtech Ghost Strat/Tele saddles). The first problem was that the Duncan mini hum didn't fit in the bridge cutout. This was fixed with a little filling. The next issue was that the bridge plate wasn't wide enough to cover up the full size humbucker route in the body. The third issue was that the bridge wasn't long enough for the ghost saddles. It really needs barrel saddles. So now I'm thinking the best option is to fabricate my own bridge. I've come up with 3 possible methods: 1. Use stainless steel plate and bend a kick up in the back like the gpg bridge. 2. Mill a bridge out of a block of aluminum - probably 7075. 3. Make a flat stainless plate and add an aluminum or stainless piece to the back for the saddle  screws. Does anyone have any experience that might apply here? Obviously the goal with this guitar is not classic Tele tone, but I'm looking for the guitar to be brought with plenty is mids. Thoughts?

Would like to see what you come up with.Please post pictures as you work on one.  :guitarplayer2:

:dontknow:
This any good to you ?
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18936.0

Sorry, I sort of forgot about this post. I ended up machining a bridge out of aluminum. I still need to drill the holes for the ghost saddle wires and polish the the outer lip but here it is so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20150321_220328098_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150321_220328098_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 437
  • IMG_20150322_071744485.jpg
    IMG_20150322_071744485.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 433
Very cool.    :headbang:  I've made a couple of Scartozi's designed bridges for Ghost saddle set up.
Johns%20bridge%20II_zpslnzcfg8i.jpg

Bear with me..............in my time away from the board I've jumped head first into the world of firearms. Well my wheels have been turning, this post, barman's mention of powder coating hardware white and now the resurgence of the scartozi bridge have me thinkin......is anyone here familiar with gun finishes? Specifically duracoat, cerakote, or kg gun kote? I wonder how these would work. It could be pretty cool. Seems doable.  :dontknow:

Guitar parts. Specifically an aluminum bridge plate. I know the coatings won't really work on chrome.

bob7point7 said:
Sorry, I sort of forgot about this post. I ended up machining a bridge out of aluminum. I still need to drill the holes for the ghost saddle wires and polish the the outer lip but here it is so far.
Nice work love the color too.

pabloman said:
Guitar parts. Specifically an aluminum bridge plate. I know the coatings won't really work on chrome.
I know of several people that have used both cerakote and durakote on gun parts with no problems. But as far as aluminum, not sure...But really  unless I was going for some pattern like carbon fibre or something, I'd rather just have aluminum parts powder coated or anodized..

pabloman said:
Bear with me..............in my time away from the board I've jumped head first into the world of firearms. Well my wheels have been turning, this post, barman's mention of powder coating hardware white and now the resurgence of the scartozi bridge have me thinkin......is anyone here familiar with gun finishes? Specifically duracoat, cerakote, or kg gun kote? I wonder how these would work. It could be pretty cool. Seems doable.  :dontknow:

Hah, I usually go from here to firearms, as well.  I think cerakote would be great in a gloss finish. 

OP, I'll also be adding a piezo TOM system to my current build, so I'll be following your progress.  I'll probably just retrofit RMC saddles to my TOM and go with the LR Baggs Control-X.

Back