Bridge for WGD?

GuitarMadCap

What type of bridge should I get for this WGD?

Vintage Stack Tele (Neck)
Classic Stack Plus Strat (Middle)
59 (Bridge)

I’m wondering if a Tune-O-Matic will be too high for the single coils and if a Flatmount will be too low for the humbucker.

The pickup height relative to the bridge type shouldn't be an issue; you can use singles with a ToM or humbuckers with a flatmount just fine. (y)

Bridge type is a preference thing. A ToM will require an angled neck pocket (unless you do a recessed ToM) and the strings will be a little higher off of the body at the bridge. With a flatmount they'll be a little closer to the body. Personally I prefer a recessed ToM or flatmount.

The pickup height relative to the bridge type shouldn't be an issue; you can use singles with a ToM or humbuckers with a flatmount just fine. (y)

Bridge type is a preference thing. A ToM will require an angled neck pocket (unless you do a recessed ToM) and the strings will be a little higher off of the body at the bridge. With a flatmount they'll be a little closer to the body. Personally I prefer a recessed ToM or flatmount.
Thanks for explaining this. I think I prefer a flatmount as well—at least for playing lead. For rhythm I could go either way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ToM with a Strat or Tele pup. That was why I started to question myself in the first place.

Thanks for explaining this. I think I prefer a flatmount as well—at least for playing lead. For rhythm I could go either way. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ToM with a Strat or Tele pup. That was why I started to question myself in the first place.
No problem!

Back