Delay Pedals

Alfang said:
Hey Guys, what or who is BYOC?  some kinda put it together yourself pedel kit?

Anyone got a link?     I'll Google it in the meantime and see what i get.    thanks

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/

I've dealt with them several times. Outstanding products, service, and support. If you know which end of a soldering iron to hold, you can build one.

Alfang said:
Hey Guys, what or who is BYOC?  some kinda put it together yourself pedel kit?

Anyone got a link?     I'll Google it in the meantime and see what i get.    thanks

Pedal kits and clones of some of the most popular effects pedals like Tonebender, Tube Screamer, Big Muff etc etc. They have excellent customer service and really friendly and helpful online forum.

hi all i'm new to the board and thought this would be a good icebreaking thread for me to get to know some of you - when i decided to dump my rack gear and go back to pedals i had to find a great delay pedal since i just sold a TC2290 and i needed something reliable, versatile and transparent in a pedal - i tried three pedals, the boss dd3, line 6 dl4 and the digitech digidelay - with the boss and the line 6 i was getting an exremely faint warbling sound when i'd hit a high note through my old cranked up jcm900 2x12 combo - believe me you really had to be listen closely to hear it but it was there - the guy at the music store who sold me the line 6 only heard it after i pointed it out so i knew i wasn't just hearing things and i was using a store mesa so it wasn't my amp either - then i tried the digitech digidelay and i was hooked - no warbling sound! i fell in love with it instantly - rugged chassis design and very transparent - the only draw back was it doesn't have the versatility that i was used to with my rack delay so i bought three of them! haha i know i'm a maroon! it does have the cool mode thing going on and i get a great chorus sound with one and the other two are used for a short and a long delay - i run them in my effects loop where you really should run all of your modulation effects if you're running a lot of gain like i do - if you're going to use a pedal delay my suggestion is to try the digidelay - one last thing run it with a power supply because it will suck a battery dead faster than you can say "DAMMIT MAN!, the batteries dead!" -  hope i helped - neddi

Yamahas Ud stomp , Magic stomp are INCREDIBLE  multi-tap digital delays    Gibsons old EP1 and EP2  ADA std1 .

I'm always daydreaming about that  EHX stereo memory man with Hazarai

that woud be all the delay I could need or stand lol

By far the best delay out there (IMO) is the Diamond Memory Lane. And a couple months ago they made the Memory Lane 2, which I haven't played but I hear is even better then the first.
....600$ but if you are serious about your delay, it is worth every penny.
http://diamondpedals.com/products/memorylane_2.html

I've been using a Line 6 DL-4 for almost 10 years and it is one of the greatest pedals I've ever owned. I have been thinking about getting a newer pedal and the new T.C. Electronics and Eventide pedals have been catching my interest lately.

The BYOC pedals came up and this is close to being ready, a one second analog delay.

http://buildyourownclone.com/analogdelay.html

I have been anxiously awaiting the Stereo Flanger, but it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.  Another delay, I'll probably grab one to have some fun and games...
Patrick

I have a DD-6 and a DD-7 and they are both great pedals.  The DD-7 is the one to have though.  The analolog and modulate settings are the big plus from the DD-6.  The best part is neither are one trick wonders.  There are endless possabilitys.  Everything from  great short slapback stuff to crazy U2ish type sounds.

For $159 you can't beat it!

I have a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo that I leave at home and use a Boss DD3 on my pedal board.  I could have built a real nice Warmoth for what I paid for the Fulltone.  I should have kept my money and stuck with what I already had.

Back