Custom neckplate

58 pages on this, i read the first few then this last one, are we still talking neckplates or fricken bees?

Dangerous have you started a website yet? dedicated to neckplates? if so post it in the next page or so

I want to order some neckplates from you , and I'm gonna want a bunch, so generally how much are they going for?  say 20 at a time?

Alfang said:
58 pages on this, i read the first few then this last one, are we still talking neckplates or fricken bees?

Dangerous have you started a website yet? dedicated to neckplates? if so post it in the next page or so

I want to order some neckplates from you , and I'm gonna want a bunch, so generally how much are they going for?   say 20 at a time?
Sorry Alf, I haven't got a website unfortunately...What you got in mind.....?

Yeah Dangerous maybe you should start a blog man, running a small business from a discussion board thread is kind of dodgy, don't ya think?

tfarny said:
Yeah Dangerous maybe you should start a blog man, running a small business from a discussion board thread is kind of dodgy, don't ya think?
You're kinda right, but I'm not really in the position to take on a full work load. And I wasn't trying to start a business, just merely helping the peeps here make their guitars just that much more special to them. I've kept it here solely for that reason. Simply because I can handle doing just a few here and there for the "W" peeps who might want something custom. If and when I can acquire my own machine, then I could branch it out into something farther reaching.

Alfang said:

Fricking bees!!!  :hello2:
Why go On-topic when you can go Off-topic??  :laughing7:

Min@cious D. said:
Cheers mate!  :icon_thumright:
Hey Min@cious D, looky here...... :laughing7:
D-vower.jpg

Yeah man...like it... :icon_biggrin:
Thinking of what colour it should be...
Can you do it in jimh's eightball style? Great contrast on that one.
Was his chrome or black though?
And would it be possible to lower the #01 just a tiny bit?

Thanks!!!

Min@cious D. said:
Yeah man...like it... :icon_biggrin:
Thinking of what colour it should be...
Can you do it in jimh's eightball style? Great contrast on that one.
Was his chrome or black though?
And would it be possible to lower the #01 just a tiny bit?

Thanks!!!
Jim's is in black, I might be able to lower it just a tad.

Hey Doug, I've been ignoring this thread because it's so out of control  :laughing7: but I have a question... have you figured out a good way to keep the routed-out parts from rusting?  My "DBW1" W plate is now completely rusty in the routed areas.  I don't mind it, really, but I wouldn't want my next one to rust.

Dip it in chrome, paint it, or some kind of paint that will inhibit rust

This last post reminds me of Steve Martin in the Jerk, he invents a new eyeglasses holder on the nose and everyone sues his ass later on cuz he's rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2X3vVMdh-s&feature=related

dbw said:
Hey Doug, I've been ignoring this thread because it's so out of control  :laughing7: but I have a question... have you figured out a good way to keep the routed-out parts from rusting?  My "DBW1" W plate is now completely rusty in the routed areas.   I don't mind it, really, but I wouldn't want my next one to rust.
Ya, I did a little test with some epoxy in a goofed up plate I had. Works great, just clean good with alcohol then  mix up some Devcon 2 ton epoxy and fill in the machined area. Works great, I've submerged it in a glass of water for 24 hrs, and it held strong, dries clear....

Alfang said:
Dip it in chrome, paint it, or some kind of paint that will inhibit rust

That's funny Alf, but I ain't getting rich....not yet anyway..... :-\

But in lieu of the rust problem, I'm going to spray them down with a rust inhibitor that we use in the shop. Very good stuff and it will protect for up to 2 yrs it says on the can. I know we've sprayed it on molds that have been sitting for months, and there have been no signs of rust issues. I sprayed it on Nonsenses plate b4 I sent it to him, so from now on I will do the same for all. That should cut down on any problems and give ya'll time to coat them with something.

How does the epoxy level out?  Does it fill flush with the surface of the plate, or less, or more?

dbw said:
How does the epoxy level out?  Does it fill flush with the surface of the plate, or less, or more?
I used a popcicle stick to fill it in and to level it. It shrunk just a little below the surface, but didn't pull away from the edge....

Back