Custom neckplate

Max said:
Counting mine?
Yip, even yours Max, oh but I forgot the 2 I just sent Doc, So that would be 51 now.....shhhhhheeeeeew....

I still got to do one for Bytefrenzy, one for Fish, 2 for JamesL and 1 for line6man...

So that would make 56 total so far.... :eek:

Oh and I forgot the one I sent to Wanna_make_a_guitar in Austrailia....57

DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
Counting mine?
Yip, even yours Max, oh but I forgot the 2 I just sent Doc, So that would be 51 now.....shhhhhheeeeeew....

I still got to do one for Bytefrenzy, one for Fish, 2 for JamesL and 1 for line6man...

Do the ones for JamesL have piercings?  :toothy12:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
Counting mine?

Do the ones for JamesL have piercings?  :toothy12:
Not as of yet, but who knows what he might think of..... :dontknow:

images

How about that for a design?

I don't want to buy one, just thought it'd be cool!

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
images

How about that for a design?

I don't want to buy one, just thought it'd be cool!
Very good grasshopper, I had thawt of that earlier. I actually engraved that on a pick for a friend of mine a few years ago...I think I may still have a spare one around somewhere...

Hey doug, I cannot for the life of me clear the rust off the backplate. If I can get it clean once I will coat it in poly and it should be fine, but do you have any ideas on what will remove the rust?

I have tried: alcohol, soap, and WD-40. None of them worked worth beans....

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
Found it..... :icon_biggrin:
2770384084_8d097a2e84.jpg

THAT is awesome. I wish I could figure out a use for the sound the brass pick makes. You'd have a few more orders haha
Thanks man, but that ain't brass..It's actually a piece of spring steel...

Johnhamdun said:
Hey doug, I cannot for the life of me clear the rust off the backplate. If I can get it clean once I will coat it in poly and it should be fine, but do you have any ideas on what will remove the rust?

You might try going to the hardware store and looking for some rust remover. We used to use some at work that would take the rust off of anything, but I can't remember what the name of it was.

Johnhamdun said:

Try one of those fiberglass erasers. Looks like an automatic pencil but contains a bundle of glass fibers. Back when drawing did not mean computers and CAD but paper and rulers and pens and Indian ink and so on, we used those as erasers when drawing on transparencies. The rust removal is physical, not mechanical.

ByteFrenzy said:
Johnhamdun said:

Try one of those fiberglass erasers. Looks like an automatic pencil but contains a bundle of glass fibers. Back when drawing did not mean computers and CAD but paper and rulers and pens and Indian ink and so on, we used those as erasers when drawing on transparencies. The rust removal is physical, not mechanical.
Yes it is physical, we had to apply the rust remover and scrub it with a steel tooth brush...Or brass brush depending on the surface.

DangerousR6 said:
Another one for the books...... :icon_biggrin: For line6man
NeckplateJoseph.jpg

yep, that ones mine.

Thank you Mr. DangerousR6!

it looks gold-ish in the picture, but its actually a chrome plate.

Hey Doug, I'll be ordering one with you soon too!! I am thinking about a specific celtic knot design (same as on my wedding band) but can't find an example of it on-line.. I'll keep on looking for it.. may have to take a pic of my finger ;)

I may even come over to greenville to pay you in person and buy you a beer as well! ;) :eek:ccasion14:

Marko said:
Hey Doug, I'll be ordering one with you soon too!! I am thinking about a specific celtic knot design (same as on my wedding band) but can't find an example of it on-line.. I'll keep on looking for it.. may have to take a pic of my finger ;)

I may even come over to greenville to pay you in person and buy you a beer as well! ;) :eek:ccasion14:
Sounds cool Marko, anytime my friend. I'm meeting up with Super Turbo Deluxe Custom tomorrow to deliver his plate to him.

Hi Doug,

Just thought I'd let you know that the plate arrived here safely a couple of days back. Saw it for the first time last night when I got back from the residential school I've just done. Nice piece of work there - will probably have a go at the epoxy treatment before I take it back to Riyadh with me on 6th Sept. A pleasure dealing with you sir.

Chris of Arabia said:
Hi Doug,

Just thought I'd let you know that the plate arrived here safely a couple of days back. Saw it for the first time last night when I got back from the residential school I've just done. Nice piece of work there - will probably have a go at the epoxy treatment before I take it back to Riyadh with me on 6th Sept. A pleasure dealing with you sir.
Very cool, glad you like it. It was a pleasure making it.... :toothy12:

Back