Custom neckplate

Oh Rene, Gotcha one coming....
Callunaplate2.jpg

ByteFrenzy said:
DangerousR6 said:
Oh Rene, Gotcha one coming....

Kewl !!! Hope you dog-proofed the package... :hello2:
I hadn't sent it yet, just finished it today. But I'll be sure to wrap it extra thick for ya...Just be sure to give the doggy and extra chew toy....

ZGOZZ said:
Wow those are sweet.
Thank you, there's a but load of pages full of plates I've made for peeps here on the forum. But if you'd rather not scan thru 48 pages you can visit the Warmoth Flickr group. I have posted pics of all the plates there... :eek:ccasion14:

Doug

So, the way this works is that, you make a cad drawing, and use what kind of machine to print it out on a plank plate.

It's that I can do exactly the same thing, but on Google sketchup, and i know there should some kind freeware that can convert it to cad. I could come up with designs for ya! :icon_thumright:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
So, the way this works is that, you make a cad drawing, and use what kind of machine to print it out on a plank plate.

It's that I can do exactly the same thing, but on Google sketchup, and i know there should some kind freeware that can convert it to cad. I could come up with designs for ya! :icon_thumright:
The machine doesn't print it out, it machines it out. I use a Hurco VM2 machining center. A bit of onfo for ya, "cad" is really a generic word. It stands for compuiter aided design, so in theory any type of design you do on a computer program is a "cad" drawing. There probably is some type of freeware for converting drawings from google sketch, it just depends on what type of file format google sketch uses. Cad/cam programs usually use .DXF. .IGES, .DWG file extensions, just to name a few. But it's really not necessary to worry about I can convert it my self to what type of file I need it in..

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

Hey Wanna's, was doing some quick reading about goolge sketchup, and it exports files in  .DXF or .DWG. So if you design something save it as a .DXF and then I can directly import the file into my program. No need for you to convert sketchup will do it for you...

Back