Custom neckplate

jay4321 said:
Ebay guy's a nice guy and taking care of the exchange part so the jazz in question (not mine) spoken for.

But yes what I more or less need is something roughly in the shape of a strat pickup cavity, flat, and hooks my string into the body. No ferrules and all that. I probably want to because first guitar had a claw tail, simple and it works
might need a sketch of some sort... :dontknow:

If it has 6 lateral string holes and 4 to mount, and is roughly half as tall as the jazzmaster plate, it's in spec. No rush if you want to try it just send $ you want and payment details and get to it whenever. My projects take a while

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154426076720

jay4321 said:
Would add no hard corners, I think I might try to flush mount it.
So what about this for your bridge, I think it looks kinda cool... :dontknow:
51280991767_5c0512bddc_b.jpg

I'll probably move string location down a bit...To make it more symmetrical...

DangerousR6 said:
jay4321 said:
Would add no hard corners, I think I might try to flush mount it.
So what about this for your bridge, I think it looks kinda cool... :dontknow:
51280991767_5c0512bddc_b.jpg

I'll probably move string location down a bit...To make it more symmetrical...

Shaped a bit like a single coil pickup route, nice juxtaposition if housed with single coils.

I'd love to see pics of the final product if you go ahead with this.  :yourock:

Hey so yes that works as is but wouldn’t hate a second version with a little more mass to it, maybe just on the back end

Certainly does the trick though

In other news I’m kind if tired of the string-thru ferrules thing and I have half a dozen guitars with them. My 1st guitar was a POS but the one thing right about it was the little pot metal claw tailpiece. That would be too high (and too ghetto) for the project in mind but the simple hook & go with strings couldn’t be quicker.

jay4321 said:
Hey so yes that works as is but wouldn’t hate a second version with a little more mass to it, maybe just on the back end

In other news I’m kind if tired of the string-thru ferrules thing and I have half a dozen guitars with them. My 1st guitar was a POS but the one thing right about it was the little pot metal claw tailpiece. That would be too high (and too ghetto) for the project in mind but the simple hook & go with strings couldn’t be quicker.
:icon_thumright:

jay4321 said:

I'll give it another working over when I get back home. Been out of town last week or so... :headbang:

Hey!

Looks what was in the mail today! The perfect finishing touch for my sparkly fretless!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1066a.jpg
    IMG_1066a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
The neck plates are awesome.  I would be interested in the Warmoth Turtle.  Is a standard sized Warmoth control cavity cover possible?  The images possible could get crazy.  But my requirement would be a conductive metal material since I cover control cavity itself with conductive copper foil before wiring. 

You could really do some cool stuff with all the real estate on a cavity control plate - strat or otherwise. I could picture some really cool scrolling patterns on the black and colored fill like those turtle plates.

Jim Deecken said:
The neck plates are awesome.  I would be interested in the Warmoth Turtle.  Is a standard sized Warmoth control cavity cover possible?  The images possible could get crazy.  But my requirement would be a conductive metal material since I cover control cavity itself with conductive copper foil before wiring.
I can do a turtle for you on a neck plate or on a control cover. I can make them from aluminum, anodized black or just plain... :icon_thumright:

Back