Custom neckplate

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. "Mr. R6 needs to pipe up or he's gonna lose his plate-making business!"

Plus, we just plain ol' miss you.

Cagey said:
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. "Mr. R6 needs to pipe up or he's gonna lose his plate-making business!"

Plus, we just plain ol' miss you.
I was thinking the same thing, but I've been working mega hrs at my regular job. So free time is scarce as of lately..I get on everyday, but usually don't get a lot of post time..

Keeping busy is a Good Thing. Gotta make hay while the sun shines. Just don't forget your friends.

Cagey said:
Keeping busy is a Good Thing. Gotta make hay while the sun shines. Just don't forget your friends.
:icon_thumright:

note: hay makes itself, as seen in the back 3 acres of my property.... :toothy11:

I've been working on a website too...I got my domain, just got to finish my layout and content... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
note: hay makes itself, as seen in the back 3 acres of my property.... :toothy11:

Hehe! Yeah, one of my buddies years ago had a ton of acreage that he used to let one of his horse-owning buddies rip up to feed the beasts. Helped him do it once. Once! I was such a wreck after that I swore to all that was holy it'd never happen again. Anybody wanna lose weight and build muscles? Go follow a baler around for a while. You'll swear Arnold Schwarzenegger used you as a punching bag.

Fortunately, he changed his mind about the land usage himself, and let the gummint fund a massive tree planting. 87 gajillion hardwood trees. Turned the whole place outside of the homestead into the start of a hardwood forest. Wrecked our rocket launch site, but we were losing our collective asses financially on that pastime anyway. Be interesting to see the place today.

Here's one that you're yet to receive due thanks and kudos for Doug - the guitar it's attached to is still waiting for some finishing touches - but the plate is exactly as requested. Thanks!

DSCF0685.jpg

(Big thanks are also due to Cagey. I will get round to sorting this and posting some proper pics and build details, honest - just gotta get these other 10,000 things out of the way...)

Cagey said:
Hehe! Yeah, one of my buddies years ago had a ton of acreage that he used to let one of his horse-owning buddies rip up to feed the beasts. Helped him do it once. Once! I was such a wreck after that I swore to all that was holy it'd never happen again. Anybody wanna lose weight and build muscles? Go follow a baler around for a while. You'll swear Arnold Schwarzenegger used you as a punching bag.
Well, lucky you for having a choice. I grew up on a farm, and I did "bail-cart" as we called it, every year from the age of about 12 to 18, for our farm and the farm next door. It wasn't so much the lifting that was a problem as the scratching. Red raw from wrist to elbow for about a month.

"Builds character", they say. Yeah, a character who doesn't want to live on a farm any more. Soon as I could I moved to London, where the grass comes in neat little squares that someone else looks after.

'course, I got older and missed the rural life, and now I'm back out in the country, commuting into the big smoke every day.

Back