Custom neckplate

DangerousR6 said:
So this is in relation to the pic above. It's an aluminum strat jack machined out of a solid piece of billet. Yes, it's still got tooling marks all in it, but I was asked by the customer to leave them on it. Lots of 3D work involved in this piece...As far as I know, I've not seen one made from aluminum... :icon_biggrin:
Alumstrtjack.jpg

Alumjackback.jpg

......... very nice Doug, what kind of an idiot would pay for something like that ?? .....  :icon_thumright: .............. just kidding guys, Doug deserves a big thumbs up for this one, at first he was a little unsure, but look at what he made ?? i love it !!! Doug is a classic example of " If there is a will, there is a way" thank you Doug, i cant wait to see it on my strat ..... i think the tooling marks were a must, if it was plated, painted, coated or polished, you would not know it was cut from 6061T Billet ..... if you are going to make something like that out of billet, the tooling cuts have to stay, because you want people to know it was made on a CNC machine, which is just kick-ass !!!! ....... jmo ....... i bet i'm the only dude with one of those, lol ...... now my guitar is an instant collectors item, one of one ........ lol .....

twinturrbo406 said:
DangerousR6 said:
So this is in relation to the pic above. It's an aluminum strat jack machined out of a solid piece of billet. Yes, it's still got tooling marks all in it, but I was asked by the customer to leave them on it. Lots of 3D work involved in this piece...As far as I know, I've not seen one made from aluminum... :icon_biggrin:
Alumstrtjack.jpg

Alumjackback.jpg

......... very nice Doug, what kind of an idiot would pay for something like that ?? .....  :icon_thumright: .............. just kidding guys, Doug deserves a big thumbs up for this one, at first he was a little unsure, but look at what he made ?? i love it !!! Doug is a classic example of " If there is a will, there is a way" thank you Doug, i cant wait to see it on my strat ..... i think the tooling marks were a must, if it was plated, painted, coated or polished, you would not know it was cut from 6061T Billet ..... if you are going to make something like that out of billet, the tooling cuts have to stay, because you want people to know it was made on a CNC machine, which is just kick-ass !!!! ....... jmo ....... i bet i'm the only dude with one of those, lol ...... now my guitar is an instant collectors item, one of one ........ lol .....
Thanks Bill, should look smashing on that beauty of a strat you've got. And I'm with you on the tool marks, it needs that little reminder that this isn't just a stamped out chain store part. :icon_thumright:

Thanks bro! Looking forward to getting it all together. Sounds like Lollar will be the slowpoke...

hey, dangerous! do you sign or otherwise mark or logo your neckplates? you really should put a logo or at least some test on the reverse side of the plates . . . for future identification of the source of their awesomeness . . .  :icon_thumright:

B3Guy said:
hey, dangerous! do you sign or otherwise mark or logo your neckplates? you really should put a logo or at least some test on the reverse side of the plates . . . for future identification of the source of their awesomeness . . .  :icon_thumright:
Nope I sure don't....I probably should tho....But I do have a photographic record of all that I've made.... :toothy12:

I was on the verge of asking wether or not you do 3D stuff, when this jackplate showed up. very cool!

Would you therefore be able to do custom pickup covers? I have this hairbrained idea that I'm gonna house a single-coil and a 'lil '59 under one humbucker-esque roof  :icon_jokercolor:

B3Guy said:
I was on the verge of asking wether or not you do 3D stuff, when this jackplate showed up. very cool!

Would you therefore be able to do custom pickup covers? I have this hairbrained idea that I'm gonna house a single-coil and a 'lil '59 under one humbucker-esque roof  :icon_jokercolor:
Yes I suppose that could be possible. Jack plates, pickup rings, pickup covers...why not... :icon_biggrin:

Hey DangerousR6. I was trying to come up with a headstock logo for my tigerburst/rosewood strat and a friend of mine gave me a copy of my name in Marathi (an Indian language) which I really liked despite being Irish and not having any connections with India at all besides one Indian friend. I would love to get two neckplates which match the logo like so:

marathi2.jpg

Would this be possible to do?

mataguri said:
Hey DangerousR6. I was trying to come up with a headstock logo for my tigerburst/rosewood strat and a friend of mine gave me a copy of my name in Marathi (an Indian language) which I really liked despite being Irish and not having any connections with India at all besides one Indian friend. I would love to get two neckplates which match the logo like so:

Would this be possible to do?
Sure man, that would be no problem at all... :icon_thumright:

Back