Custom neckplate

O.k., back to other news....I got a big 'ol stack of truss rod covers cut. Gotta take them and get them anodized... :icon_biggrin:
Stack-o-covers.jpg

I'd polish at least one or two, just so you have 'em "in stock". that way, if anyone ever asks for a polished one, all you've gotta do is throw it in the CNC, sit back and drink your coffee.

richship said:
DangerousR6 said:
O.k., back to other news....I got a big 'ol stack of truss rod covers cut. Gotta take them and get them anodized... :icon_biggrin:

I could use a chrome one...
Chrome I wouldn't be able to do, unless the shop I'm getting them anodized at can do chroming.... :dontknow:  I can put a mirror polish on one.....

And here we have a polished aluminum one vs. a plain aluminum one. And a chrome neck plate for comparison...
Polishedtrcover.jpg

Well, don't tell anybody how to do it. That would be totally against the whole spirit and mission of a DIY custom guitar building forum. Our entire purpose here is to keep detailed information about how things are done as secret as possible. In fact, if anybody presents any factual information, it is incumbent upon the members to disparage and discredit not only the information, but the person disclosing it <grin>

Cagey said:
Well, don't tell anybody how to do it. That would be totally against the whole spirit and mission of a DIY custom guitar building forum. Our entire purpose here is to keep detailed information about how things are done as secret as possible. In fact, if anybody presents any factual information, it is incumbent upon the members to disparage and discredit not only the information, but the person disclosing it <grin>
Duly noted, my lips are sealed.... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
Cagey said:
Duly noted, my lips are sealed.... :laughing11:

:doh:

Well after a shyt load of issues, and another PC later. Got things rolling again...
Hands.jpg

HJdone.jpg

You might say this is a good and evil post.... :dontknow:

Doug...I really like that.  The texture around the hand and skull are very cool.  Is that by design?

DMRACO said:
Doug...I really like that.  The texture around the hand and skull are very cool.  Is that by design?
It's actually the tool marks from the tool path that's created from the cad program, but you can't feel them. They're smoooooooooooooth.... :icon_biggrin:

Back